Talented Members!

Decorating By BeesKnees578 Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 7:40pm by RobzC8kz

BeesKnees578 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 37

OK. . .the talent at CC is just getting out of control!! I am seeing so many fabulous cakes. I think we are so lucky to have such a forum to find such great ideas and to share our own.

Thanks for all of your inspiration!!! And forgive me for stating the obvious!

36 replies
Caike Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 37

Couldn't agree more - I look forward to posting my new projects because I know I'll get useful feedback. I for sure bake more now since I found the forums then I ever did in the past just so I can learn and keep up my skills. Thanks all - completely agree, truly an inspiration! icon_biggrin.gif

becky27 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 37

i also agree...it just amazes me the talent i see on here everyday...and just when i think i ve seen it all....someone comes out with something unexpected and spectacular!!! way to go cc'ers!!!!

tatorchip Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 11:36pm
post #4 of 37

I also agree and they come from newbies to pros, love learning from and helping all CC members

tonedna Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 37

I think a lot of people here have talent. But don't feel bad if you are new at cake decorating.
Years of experience will make a huge difference. Practice makes perfect!. I love CC.
I know there are so many different point of views you always learn something new.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Jan14grands Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 37

Funny, I've been thinking of submitting this exact comment - SO MANY TALENTED CAKE DECORATORS- on this site!!!! The cake designs just seem to be getting better and better!! I love being able to see what the great cake decorators are doing and at least try some of their ideas icon_smile.gif

terrylee Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:06am
post #7 of 37

BEST SITE EVER

FlourPots Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 4:12am
post #8 of 37

Don't want to be dramatic, but the best thing that ever happend to me was stumbling onto this site and into this hobby of mine.

laceycakes Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 5:16am
post #9 of 37

I'll jump on the drama wagon with FlourPots... I have learned more things since I discovered this site than I could possibly even imagine were possible!!! Some of the resources I would have never would be used for cake decorating, ie. YouTube. Thank you to everyone!!

lardbutt Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 2:35pm
post #10 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Don't want to be dramatic, but the best thing that ever happend to me was stumbling onto this site and into this hobby of mine.

I feel the EXACT same way! This site has been such a valuable asset for information, but has also provided me with a place to escape. With five kids, I can't just get in the car to get away, but I can go to CC!

The talent IS amazing!!!

eatdessert1st Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 2:58pm
post #11 of 37

The fact that people generously take the time to share their methods, recipes, comments, etc is priceless.

Kitagrl Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:02pm
post #12 of 37

I agree...its so great because if you find a new technique you want to try...no longer does one have to stumble through it or look up a class...just check out CC!!!

Its great!

Uniqueask Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:06pm
post #13 of 37

I agree with everyone, there is so much talent on here, I have learned so much from everyone, I am glad that I found this site, I have learned so much over the year, I know I have not posted any cakes lately, but I will get back on the ball, THANK YOU EVERYONE, for all the help and inspiration, and Edna I am going to watch your dvd now.

cs_confections Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:13pm
post #14 of 37
Quote:

thumbs_up.gif Exactly what she saidicon_smile.gif I had made a few cakes before, but didn't really know what I was doing - just playing around and hoping to get something close to what I was hoping form. I discovered this site in January, tried my first fondant cake and now cake stuff has taken over our homeicon_smile.gif

nanikins Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:18pm
post #15 of 37

Double ditto and amen!! It is humbling and yet inspiring to see all of the tremendous work. The talent is incredible and the fact that those talented people are willing to share their ideas and their knowledge is a treasure! I never fail to learn something.

tonedna Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:31pm
post #16 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueask

I agree with everyone, there is so much talent on here, I have learned so much from everyone, I am glad that I found this site, I have learned so much over the year, I know I have not posted any cakes lately, but I will get back on the ball, THANK YOU EVERYONE, for all the help and inspiration, and Edna I am going to watch your dvd now.

Let me know ow it goes!...Have fun
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Charmed Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:33pm
post #17 of 37

I wish there was a 24 hr cake TV channel staring all the talented CC members and showcasing their wonderful work!! I think in that case I would be glued to my TV!!

sweetcakes Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 4:56pm
post #18 of 37

ive been thinking the same thing myself lately, the cakes are just out of this world, actually they're beginning to make me feel im not that good at what i do now and ive got a long way to go, its going to keep me busy for a lifetime!! Thank God CC is 24hrs, you can get help, find ideas when ever you need to, CC is priceless. you're all priceless!!!

Echooo3 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 5:10pm
post #19 of 37

I "echoo" everyones comments also. Thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart.

NJCakeDiva Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 5:16pm
post #20 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatdessert1st

The fact that people generously take the time to share their methods, recipes, comments, etc is priceless.

I think that the greatest part of this site is the generosity. That comes from the site administrators, members, etc. I'm sure it's not easy to share your creations,recipes and ideas. It must take lot of time and energy to keep this website informative, exciting and fresh. The banner says it all " Highly addictive". Since I found this site (Hallelujah) I try to long on just about everday to be inspired by words or photos. Thank you to everyone who helps us to continue to strive for creativity and success with cake decorating. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

NJCakeDiva Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 5:18pm
post #21 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed

I wish there was a 24 hr cake TV channel staring all the talented CC members and showcasing their wonderful work!! I think in that case I would be glued to my TV!!

I smell a new reality show" Cake Central TV icon_biggrin.gif"

DreamCakesOnline Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 5:20pm
post #22 of 37

Just want to throw in my thanks too! I stumbled on this site right after getting laid off and deciding to try to do this full-time. It has been like going to college and working with a huge company of professionals at the same time. Every day, it's here to get me started, inspired, help me figure things out, and make me feel creatively productive. I think I would have given up if it hadn't been for this site and all you wonderful people!! Tomorrow is my first bridal show and I'm working like a fiend to get ready but I still had to check in here and see what was going on. Wish me luck and luck to all of you with your endeavors this week!

krazyb5 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 5:20pm
post #23 of 37

I defenetly agree, this website is one of the greatest, I appreciate everything and everyone for all of the great ideas, I love u CC & members

crazydoglady Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 9:25pm
post #24 of 37

the generosity without a condescending eyeroll toward a newbie is much appreicated.

thanks!

Rylan Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:15pm
post #25 of 37

Totally love this site. Thanks to the administrators, moderators and of course the helpful and encouraging members!

sugarcheryl Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:10pm
post #26 of 37

This is the most wonderful cake forum. We do have some awesome talented cake artist here and I'm glad to be a part. Thank everyone for sharing.

pearlg Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:37pm
post #27 of 37
Quote:

Ditto!
i was thinking of enrolling in a cake decorating class. As a hobbyist i could not justify the cost; then i stumbled on CC. I tell you , the amount of useful info and tips, I have picked from this site and the links of all the pros on this forum, is invaluable, no class would have taught me this much.
I bake only for my nieces and nephews and everyone is always wowed by my amateurish reproductions.

THANK YOU ALL

BabyC1985 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:47pm
post #28 of 37

I agree with everyone CC is the best!! and everyone on here is just brilliant! Thanks to everyone!

Parable Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:55pm
post #29 of 37

....and don't forget it's international too! I have made so many friends all over the world and feel so humble. Thanks CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CupCake_Caitlin Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 12:06am
post #30 of 37

There are alot of beautiful Cakes on here and cute cupcakes and cookies... to the point where I am ashamed to upload mine, lol

I made cookies with cute little smiley faces that I was determined to put them up... But still feel a little shy about placing even them simple things up...

to me, there is a difference between my Family Oohing and Aahing at my cakes then the professionals on here that most are.

I love doing cakes but my family always ask for a plain chocolate cake with ganash - Hello My creativity is yearning to come out!!

So I have no updated photos. They were all like two years ago. and we didnt have a digital camera (So Deprived, lol) and the scans look awful.

I come across this site looking for fresh new cake designs... and I love CC. All you on here are so helpful and I learn eaveryday!!
So I thank you all

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%