Not Happy With The Boxes I've Been Buying.

Business By prterrell Updated 19 Sep 2009 , 8:53pm by lardbutt

prterrell Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 14

I'm ready to throw away all of the cake boxes I have! They just are NOT satisfactory! The boxes are really too small for the size cake they are supposed to hold and they all have these inner flap things that end up digging into the cake and messing it up! icon_mad.gif

Honestly, the boxes are the only product from CK that I've had a problem with, but I need a new source for boxes. I don't have a shop so I don't need to purchase tons of boxes at a time, but I do use them for cakes for friends and family and when I need to take baked goods to a church event.

Anyone have a source for better boxes?

13 replies
moxey2000 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 14

I leave the side flaps on the outside and secure them at the bottom with a small piece of tape. I haven't seen any boxes that don't have a side flap on them.

leah_s Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 14

Yes, the flaps go on the outside - as in you insert them from the inside so that the "rough" part is outside the box. I order my boxes by the case from CK. Love them!

indydebi Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:16am
post #4 of 14

Ditto moxey and leahs

HamSquad Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:31am
post #5 of 14

Take a look at these two websites, unless you are familiar with them:
cakeart.com or brpboxshop.com
saw this from other CCers on another thread awhile ago. HTH
Hammy

littlecake Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:37am
post #6 of 14

lovin the pink boxes i just got from papermart...but they just come by the case.

shipping cost a small fortune.

jammjenks Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:38am
post #7 of 14

I do like the others have said and put the flaps on the outside. I learned that the hard way. icon_wink.gif

Can't help you on suppliers, because I get mine from DH's work. He works for a food distribution company. I know, I know...what a dream! icon_biggrin.gif

pattycakesnj Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:49am
post #8 of 14

love brpboxshop, they run free shipping specials sometimes

prterrell Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:13am
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamSquad

Take a look at these two websites, unless you are familiar with them:
cakeart.com or brpboxshop.com
saw this from other CCers on another thread awhile ago. HTH
Hammy

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

The boxes at brpboxshop are EXACTLY what I was wanting/needing!

TTran Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:27am
post #10 of 14

Littlecake, I too got the pink ones from Papermart. They are larger than the white ones that Walmart carries and pretty sturdy as well. Plus, they are pink icon_lol.gif

indydebi Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:33am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTran

They are larger than the white ones that Walmart carries .....

Walmart carries the Wilton brand boxes and those absolutely S*CK! They are barely stronger than a shirt box. Don't use them if you're planning on putting anything heavier than a balloon in one! icon_surprised.gif

patticakesnc Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:54am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Walmart carries the Wilton brand boxes and those absolutely S*CK! They are barely stronger than a shirt box. Don't use them if you're planning on putting anything heavier than a balloon in one! icon_surprised.gif

Amen to that Debi! I forgot to get boxes from my local cake shop before she went on a mission trip and had to go to Walmart! What a disaster. Had to but a piece of wood to put under the cake board to keep it from buckling....their boards s*ck too! They fold in half on you!!!! Trust me...one of my cakes met the floor that way!

littlecake Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 11:28am
post #13 of 14

if you think the boxes suck...NEVER USE THE PADS......i've had them fold up with the cake on them(i had to buy a few in a pinch.)

that was awful.

lardbutt Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 8:53pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

TRU-DAT! icon_lol.gif
I buy my basic boxes from Party City, but NOT the Wilton ones. They have "no name ones" already put together, but I request them flat. They are very reasonable!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%