Scratch Cake For Topsy Turvy

Decorating By yumcake06 Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 7:36pm by yumcake06

yumcake06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yumcake06 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 5

Hello Ladies, so I just now got my first batch of cake out the oven and realized how dumb of me to bake cakes from scratch for a topsy turvy!!!

I am baking Delicous Chocolate Cake (found recipe from scratch off thread)
Whimsical Bakehouse Banana Cake.

Should I start over or do you think these cakes will work?

I am using 10",10,8" for my bottom tier and 8",8" and 6" for the middle tier on the top I will use a rice krispy treat.

Thanks

4 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 5

Why would that be dumb? I don't know about your recipes, but I only bake from scratch and I've made plenty of tipsy turvy cakes with no problem. Try it & see what happens. I also do graduated layers. 6-7-8-, 8-9-10, etc.

yumcake06 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 5

I thought it would be dumb because it would be too soft a cake for a topsy turvy perhaps a doctored cake mix might be better BUT I do not want a cake mix cake I wanteda very delicous cake for my son, so I chose the flavor without thinking about the cake texture might not hold up to stack and carve.

Thank I feel better

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 5

You just have to try and see. There are people who have just as much trouble carving a doctored cake mix for a topsy turvy on this site. Do gradutaed layers, fill, get chilled (this does not take hours to do) and carve with the top side down, flip right side up, crumb coat and decorate away. you should be good.

yumcake06 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 5

THANKS!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%