Bridal Show Display

Business By momma28 Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 1:05pm by muddpuppy

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 1:08pm
post #1 of 7

Ok ladies, I can bake, I can decorate, I can even build an interior wall LOL (love my nail gun) but a designer I am not. I wouldl love some inspiration on a classy display for an upcoming bridal expo. Tablescapes are as foreign to me as those darn cocktails that Sandra Lee is always making on her show.

Any suggestions or pictures or ones you have done or seen would be a blessing.

Thank you icon_smile.gif

6 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 7

If you do a search, there are several in the gallery

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you. Would it come up under bridal show display or tablescape?

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 7

fwiw... I say set up your cakes just like you would like to see them on display at an event. For the overall booth, ask the organizors how high you can go and do things higher to draw attention to you.

Free samples of your cakes will always be a big hit. Have handouts, business cards, flyers, etc.

Variety & color do wonders. It is not necessary to load your booth with displays, several of your best designs and your photo album(s) will work fine.

Go prepared to meet lots of people, its hard work but lots of fun and I get plenty of business from them.

Good Luck

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 7

Just put bridal show and the pics come up icon_smile.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 11:43pm
post #6 of 7

I'd put a tablecloth to cover the table. Then use various heights of boxes/paint cans/crates/etc. with cloths over those to compliment your displays. Just as auntginn said, you don't need a ton of displays.

As for the cakes themselves, the taller the better. You want to be eye-catching and abnormally tall gets the looks. I believe indydebi can elaborate on her beast of a cake she displayed once.

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:05pm
post #7 of 7

I'm in the same boat as you, but my show isn't until January, so I went undercover to the September show to scope out the compition! lol.. Everything is the entire hall sparkled!!! Bling is definately in in my area! You got to have good lighting and you've got to work the aisle... if the person didn't come into the isle and stop me and hand me something, I pretty much didn't even look at thier booth, there is always someone else trying to get your attention... it was a little overwhelming...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%