Airbrushing Pearl Luster

Decorating By cathendy Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 4:29pm by Kiddiekakes

cathendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathendy Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 5

I am fairly new to this business, but completely addicted!! I would love to begin airbrushing onto cake but have no idea how to..... I would appreciate any direction, tips or advice!! Especially on how to airbrush with luster.
Thank you in advance
Cathendy

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 1:16pm
post #2 of 5

You just put the pearl into the cup and spray.You don't want to get too close to cause puddling...It is very easy..They best advice is get an airbush and practice.

brian1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brian1974 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 5

dust doesnt clog up the airbrush?

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 2:38pm
post #4 of 5

Pearl dust can and will clog your airbrush. I premix my dust and vodka in a separate bottle and shake the tar out of it first. If there is a clog....back-flush your system. This is done by putting your finger over the end while pressing the spray button. You will see your liquid bubble. This may have to be done often if you see you are getting clogs. It is going to happen with those little flecks.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 5

Oh how dumb of me.. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Of course you don't pour the dust into the cup icon_rolleyes.gif ...I meant the liquid pearl from Americolor of lucks....

If you are going to use dust you have to thin them down with everclear or clear alcohol like vodka or white rum.

Sorry I wasn't thinking with my answer... icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%