Just Getting Started...

Business By blondewithabug41 Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 10:36pm by blondewithabug41

blondewithabug41 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:25pm
post #1 of 3

And wow, yeah!

So I am wanting to start a small cupcake delivery business. (A cupcake truck!) I googled it and apparently there are several in big cities here and there and I think the idea would go over great in my city. I've gotten all my ideas together, read several books on starting businesses, etc, but the main thing I need is a commercial kitchen to rent! You'd think finding the truck would be the hard part, but no! lol

Here's where my problem comes in... I am in the state of Alabama. They passed a cottage law in April, but the way it reads, it only applies to Farmers Markets. I have googled and looked at all sorts of websites trying to find info about where I can rent a commercial/incubator kitchen. I even emailed a couple of bakeries and asked about after hours rentals, and they acted like they'd never heard of such a thing. One lady said that the laws wouldn't permit it... but I'm not sure which "laws" she's talking about. I've actually met her before and she's pretty ditzy so I don't know how much I buy that, lol.

Do y'all have any suggestions as to who to call? All the links I've followed have taken me nowhere! icon_sad.gif

2 replies
trfeist Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 3

This sounds like a really great idea. Maybe you could contact the department that would handle your permits and license to find out more information or at least help to point you in the right direction.
Are there any other cupcake truck businesses in your state that you could get suggestions from?
I hope everything works out for you. Good Luck!

blondewithabug41 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks! As far as I know there are no other cupcake trucks in Alabama, so I don't have anyone to contact as far as that goes.

Anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions?

Quote by @%username% on %date%