How Much Sheet Cake?

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 19 Sep 2009 , 3:59am by sweetcakes

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 9:00am
post #1 of 4

A bride doesn't haven't alot of money to spend on her wedding make so I offered to make her a 2 tier wedding cake and a sheet cake. There will be about 115 people to be served. The top tier will not to cut and kept by the bride so I only need to calculate the sencond tier and the sheet cake. Can someone tell me what combination 2 tier wedding cake I should make? What size sheet cake shall I make?

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 4

a 6" and a 10" would give you 40 servings (30 without the 6"), so you'd need another 85 servings in sheetcake form........a double layered 11x15 is 75 servings or a double layered 12"x18" is 108 servings. Depends if they want more cake than they need or less! If they served the top tier it would come out perfectlly with the 11x15x4

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 1:53am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCakeCrazy

A bride doesn't haven't alot of money to spend on her wedding make so I offered to make her a 2 tier wedding cake and a sheet cake.

Most members charge the same for "by the serving" cake whether it's made into a cake tier or a sheet cake.

Also, indydebi points out that making sheetcakes in addition to the wedding cake actually creates "more" work for her:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-591085-.html

HTH

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:59am
post #4 of 4

your in the UK, are you making a fruit cake or a sponge cake? cause the serving sizes are differant

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%