Awful, Slightly Comical Day!

Lounge By adree313 Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 12:45am by adree313

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 10

i know i'm clumsy, i admit it and i'm also very sensitive to pain. but today was off the charts!

first, i was getting ready and decided i should wax. okay, warm up the wax in the microwave, stir stir, move bowl, tip bowl, HOWL from pain with the wax dripping off my fingers!!!

second, i've been needing to hang a pretty large picture. so i finally got all my supplies together: picture, tape measure, hammer, nails. i set the picture down, try to move around it and then SLAM my toe into the corner!!!

third, i had some flats that i hadn't worn in a while, decided to let them have a day out. i slip them on, walk into the kitchen and proceed to do a HALF SPLIT while hanging onto the kitchen counter!!! slippery soles -- duly noted!

fourth, not painful but still sucky! i was making a sandwhich, put everything on, went to put the mayo away, SPLAT! mayo EVERYWHERE! i guess i didn't twist the lid back on and you know of course i grabbed it by the lid. it was all over my jeans, my bare feet, and floor. now, i HATE mayo. i love it on sandwhiches, but i hate it on the edge of my sandwhiches, on my hands, looking at it in the jar... i just don't like looking at it and here it was EVERYWHERE.

after the last incident my mom told me to just go to bed and not come out for the rest of the day! she was probably afraid my death was coming up soon! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif but it's funny now. icon_biggrin.gif

oh, and in case you're wondering, i'm sitting by myself in my bedroom now. icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 10

Okay, it is officially time to bubble wrap you for the rest of the day and keep you safe.

The last time I had a day that bad, it ended with me breaking my leg outside in the mud and having to get not only the paramedics but the firemen too (because I'm fat icon_biggrin.gif ) to pick me up and get me to the car so I could go to the hospital.

So I agree with your mom, stay in your room icon_biggrin.gif

But know that tomorrow is bound to be better than today was too!

adree313 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 10

yup, i'm stationed here until i absolutely have to leave! i'm afraid to open a book... papercuts anyone?? icon_biggrin.gif ok, maybe i'm not that afraid, but still, i need to tread cautiously!

no promises as to wether tomorrow will be better, like i said, i'm clumsy -- severely clumsy haha. i actually came thiiiiiis close to passing out from stubbing my toe on the shower one day. i stubbed it, got in, started seeing spots, and had to run out and hop on the bed (naked) to make sure if i DID pass out, at least i wouldn't get hurt doing that, too!! icon_biggrin.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 10

I had a day like that the other day.... I was in the store, knocked stuff over, tripped a little at the register, dropped my purse, then dropped the bag of groceries.....the checker just looked at me and said 'Drive carefully." lol, like she was afraid I wasn't going to make it home ok. ( I did icon_smile.gif )

adree313 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 1:22am
post #5 of 10

haha it's a good thing you made it safely! if it were me a stop sign would have totally been ran and a ticket would be in my hand.

i left my room icon_redface.gif because it was time for dinner. we were all talking and then i stopped and kinda started keeping to myself with a slightly pained look. my mom stops and looks at me "what's wrong...?" i so do not want to tell her... "i bit my lip." both my parents starting laughing their butts off!!

gosh, i feel like i sound like i'm making this whole day up, but i swear i'm not! i have red fingers, dirty pants, and a red lip to prove it al!

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 2:30am
post #6 of 10

You guys are seriously cracking me up!!

I had a day like that a few months ago and posted all about it here too. I thought to myself "These guys are going to think I'm making this all up and that I'm just bored or looking for attention".

My day was:

Knocked over by dogs, dropped log on foot, ran out of petrol, hit self with log again, stung by scorpion, lost diamond from engagement ring.

So, don't worry we all have days like this, my Momma told me. icon_lol.gif

adree313 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 3:17am
post #7 of 10

stung by a scorpion?! that alone would have knocked me out of comission for AT LEAST a day haha. kudos to you for keeping going!

my mom's favorite line is "s**t happens. deal with it." oh my loving mother icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 12:18am
post #8 of 10

You guys make me feel so much better about life! icon_biggrin.gif

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 12:34am
post #9 of 10

It always, always happens like that. When one thing goes wrong, it all does. Tomorrow will be better!

adree313 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 12:45am
post #10 of 10

glad we could be of service icon_biggrin.gif

i remembered why i said "i gathered all my supplies". it sounded kind of weird to me, but reading back i remembered... while gathering said supplies, i dropped the hammer on my face....

yep. go me.

in better news: no BAD, HURTFUL news to report since then!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%