Ball Cap Cake Directions

Decorating By bakingfool Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 12:57am by terrylee

bakingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingfool Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, Is there a tutorial somewhere on this site for the ball cap cakes. Like what cake pan etc. ? thank you for any help you can provide.

6 replies
Angelfire3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelfire3 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingfool

Hi, Is there a tutorial somewhere on this site for the ball cap cakes. Like what cake pan etc. ? thank you for any help you can provide.

I couldn't find anything on here, but I did find a website that gives detailed direction: http://www.parents.com/fun/birthdays/themes/baseball-party/?page=2

The instructions said to take ordinary sugar cookie dough and shape it in an oval and cook it. Meanwhile, bake a cake in a half round pan/pyrex bowl/half-sports ball pan so you can get the shape. Sit the cake on top of the cooked cookie and decorate.

Anyone else has suggestions?

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 7

You can use a shaped cake, bake a 1/2 ball pan, or use rice crispies for the hat part. I just shaped my cake to a 1/2 round ball, crumb coated with icing and then covered with fondant..........the brim is fondant cut to size and dried and shaped over a piece of card board shaped and curved like a brim...... look in my pics (tinkerbell and the redneck) I slid the brim up against the cake and added the rope trim, top button, lines of the cap and holes..... hope this helps.

Angelfire3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelfire3 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 7

Terrylee, your cakes are gorgeous. They look so smooth and flawless. Thanks for directions on the baseball cap cake.

terrylee Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for looking and the compliment.....and you are quite welcome....post a picture when done.....

bakingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingfool Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:51am
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much for the directions on making the ball cap cake. Your cakes are fabulous!!!!!

terrylee Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:57am
post #7 of 7

thanks bakingfool.....have fun and post pictures....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%