Ball Cap Cake Directions

Decorating By bakingfool Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 12:57am by terrylee

bakingfool Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, Is there a tutorial somewhere on this site for the ball cap cakes. Like what cake pan etc. ? thank you for any help you can provide.

6 replies
Angelfire3 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingfool

Hi, Is there a tutorial somewhere on this site for the ball cap cakes. Like what cake pan etc. ? thank you for any help you can provide.

I couldn't find anything on here, but I did find a website that gives detailed direction: http://www.parents.com/fun/birthdays/themes/baseball-party/?page=2

The instructions said to take ordinary sugar cookie dough and shape it in an oval and cook it. Meanwhile, bake a cake in a half round pan/pyrex bowl/half-sports ball pan so you can get the shape. Sit the cake on top of the cooked cookie and decorate.

Anyone else has suggestions?

terrylee Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 7

You can use a shaped cake, bake a 1/2 ball pan, or use rice crispies for the hat part. I just shaped my cake to a 1/2 round ball, crumb coated with icing and then covered with fondant..........the brim is fondant cut to size and dried and shaped over a piece of card board shaped and curved like a brim...... look in my pics (tinkerbell and the redneck) I slid the brim up against the cake and added the rope trim, top button, lines of the cap and holes..... hope this helps.

Angelfire3 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 7

Terrylee, your cakes are gorgeous. They look so smooth and flawless. Thanks for directions on the baseball cap cake.

terrylee Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for looking and the compliment.....and you are quite welcome....post a picture when done.....

bakingfool Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:51am
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much for the directions on making the ball cap cake. Your cakes are fabulous!!!!!

terrylee Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:57am
post #7 of 7

thanks bakingfool.....have fun and post pictures....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%