Quesions Around Cake Dummies

Decorating By Lovelymeets Updated 17 Sep 2009 , 8:48pm by tracycakes

Lovelymeets Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 6

Hi
I need your help in answering these few questions
1. which is the best place to buy them? Online and in stores. I m based in California bay area
2. What are my options? I mean sizes, which are the best ones? etc
3. Can i reuse the dummies?

Would appreiciate all your responses.
Thank you all icon_smile.gif

5 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 6

I order mine from Tay lor Foam. The spaces are there in case this site censors it. Either way, you can find them on google. They have the contour tops for fondant. Really great service!

cakesdivine Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 6

Girl if just reading your title, it gives a whole other dynamic...LOL! icon_lol.gif

To me when you use the word "around" it implies you are asking questions in the presence of "cake dummies" which further could imply "people who have no clue about cakes aka cake muggles aka cake civilians aka cake dummies"...LOL!

But to answer the above questions, 1) don't know what your prices are locally to say whether or not online or local is the best to go? You usually can get a wider variety online though.

2) Use the sizes that are going to fit the design you are wanting to showcase. Do an ample variety of sizes and shapes to show your range of ability.

3) YES you can reuse the dummies... there are several ways to remove the icing and clean them. There is a forum on cleaning dummies here somewhere on CC, maybe our resident forum librarian JanH can help you out with that.

__Jamie__ Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 6

The easiest and most scientific method to remove hardened fondant from a dummy is place it inside a thickish plastic bag (like what they give you at Target), and whack it on the ground. Maybe a few times. There...bing, bang, CLEAN!

Lovelymeets Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:09pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you for all your replies....

tracycakes Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:48pm
post #6 of 6

I order mine from Dallas_foam.com. They are really inexpensive and yep, I reuse.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%