Another Cake Storage Question

Decorating By bunnycook

bunnycook Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 1

Hi, All. I'm a newbie, and I did search previous answers to these questions, but since my cake is kinda unique, I thought I'd ask you experts about this. I'm making my first wedding cake: it's a non-traditional cake: vegan carrot cake with a faux cream cheese icing. The bottom is a full sheet cake, double-layered, and there are two additional tiers of half- and quarter sheets (double layered). With supports of course. Decorations of fondant, gum paste, and fondant-covered rice krispy treats. Plus a few piping gel and (vegan) "butter"cream decorations.

The wedding starts Sunday at 3 PM. I've made the sheets and frozen them, and made most of the decorations. My hope is to take cakes out of freezer Sat AM, leave out on counter. and ice and decorate Sat night, leaving Sun AM for finishing touches and corrections of unforseen "emergencies."

Questions:
1. Will Sat AM-afternoon be enough time to defrost enough to work on cake without moisture problems?
2. Will it be okay for cake to sit on counter from Sat AM through time of wedding Sunday?

I know you guys have said you can leave cakes out for a day or two, but most of these cakes are sealed in fondant. Mine won't be. And there is the faux cream cheese (non-dairy) icing...

Thanks!!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%