Ugh!! Cake Not Done!

Decorating By dnrlee Updated 17 Sep 2009 , 10:07pm by 3GCakes

dnrlee Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 7

I have to leave to pick my daughter up from school in 20 minutes and the cake will not be ready to come out of the oven by then!! icon_cry.gif

6 replies
crisseyann Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 7

I don't suppose you could make arrangements for a relative, friend or neighbor to either pick up your daughter OR take your cake out? I realize schools don't let our kids go with just anyone and just anyone would probably not know when the cake is properly done. I hope you can resolve this. icon_sad.gif

NJCakeDiva Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 7

I have been there before. Throws off everything. I wish you luck

dnrlee Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 7

oh man! Had to take the cake out with 5-10 min left. Just got home and the center sank. Now I have to make another layer icon_sad.gif

GL79 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 7

Is it done? maybe you can still save it and use it for a relative or make cake balls. I had a cake sunk in the middle and I still used it, thankfully it was for a relative's party so they didn't mind

saffronica Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 9:56pm
post #6 of 7

I had that same problem a few days ago -- fortunately, I was just baking a small layer to use up leftover batter, so it didn't matter if I ruined it. I turned the oven off and left the cake in it. When I came home an hour and a half later, the oven was still warm and the cake had finished baking. It was slightly overbaked, but not by much, and I got to enjoy warm (but not too hot) chocolate cake straight from the oven.

3GCakes Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 10:07pm
post #7 of 7

I would have turned the oven off, not opened the door, and hoped for the best.

An overdone cake can usually be trimmed (depending on how long it is kept in the oven)...but an undercooked one cannot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%