Pam Cooking Spray?!

Decorating By tirby Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 4:19pm by tirby

tirby Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 19

Do people do that??? I was told (by another decorator) That they just use Pam.... ummmm does that work? I mean JUST pam???? It would be faster but ??????

18 replies
Jeff_Arnett Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirby

Do people do that??? I was told (by another decorator) That they just use Pam.... ummmm does that work? I mean JUST pam???? It would be faster but ??????

You can and it works fine.

I use either PAM for Baking or the Crisco for Baking.....both have flour in them. I line pan bottoms with waxed or parchment paper, then spray the pan.....releases cleanly every time!

kellie0406 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:00pm
post #3 of 19

I have used the Bakers Joy spray with flour in it for years now. Never had a problem with one cake sticking.

tirby Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellie0406

I have used the Bakers Joy spray with flour in it for years now. Never had a problem with one cake sticking.

So do you also line the pans with parchment??

lapazlady Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 19

I spray the pan with Pam, line it with waxpaper or parchment and then spray it again. Works every time, with no problems.

Tammies_Cakes Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 19

I have always used Bakers Joy and never line the pan.

laceycakes Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:24pm
post #7 of 19

I've used the Pam for baking as well as the Baker's Joy and it works wonderfully.

Lee9 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:35pm
post #8 of 19

I only use butter spray, sometimes Pam sometimes generic, works great.

tirby Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:47pm
post #9 of 19

So how much is this Bakers Joy?? and where would I get it.... And Pam works?! SWEET.... I might try it on a cake as soon as I have time for the what ifs.

tab_stout Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:14pm
post #10 of 19

I always use the generic brand and then dust with flour. Works well for me and I've never lined it with parchment.

lardbutt Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:20pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirby

So how much is this Bakers Joy?? and where would I get it.... And Pam works?! SWEET.... I might try it on a cake as soon as I have time for the what ifs.

I tried with just the regular Pam and it did NOT work. If your going to try that you need to at least dust with flour too. I use Baker's Joy cause it's the cheapest in my grocery store. It's on the shelf near the Crisco Sticks and Pam cooking spray. HTH

Williamus Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:26pm
post #12 of 19

Pam for baking smells funny to me...like fake butter. I never use it. I love Baker's Joy or Bak-lean (Spelling?)

catlharper Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:27pm
post #13 of 19

I have always sprayed with cooking spray, not necessarily PAM, and then lined with parchment. Never ever have I had a cake stick.

Good luck!

sweetcravings Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:34pm
post #14 of 19

I spray my pan with PAM, line the bottom with parchment paper, spray again with PAM (don't forget to spray the sides. I don't lline them, jsut the bottom)..then bake..works all the time. No stickiing, easy.

prterrell Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 5:23pm
post #15 of 19

I use PAM for baking b/c it is cheaper than Baker's Joy. As soon as Publix comes out with a baking version, I'll prob switch (all of their other generic versions of PAM are just as good as the brand). I've NEVER had a cake stick using PAM and it's fast and easy. If I did more cakes, I might try out the homemade realease stuff, but until them, the spray is great.

Texas_Rose Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 5:48pm
post #16 of 19

I just switched from PAM to Baker's Joy. It's more expensive but it works every single time, which PAM does not, especially on the bigger cakes. Every time I use Baker's Joy I end up wondering why it took me so many years to try it.

crisseyann Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:05pm
post #17 of 19

Big vote here for the homemade cake release! No aerosol sprays for me. icon_biggrin.gif

veronica720 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:21pm
post #18 of 19

Baker's Joy user here and not even a crumb sticks. I don't line the pan with paper or anything either. Best thing in the world. Haven't tried others with flour in them though.

I would definately use one with flour in it. I but mine at Walmart on the baking aisle.

tirby Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 4:19pm
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisseyann

Big vote here for the homemade cake release! No aerosol sprays for me. icon_biggrin.gif

OK I am sticking with this one. it (for me) has worked the best so far. but thanks everyone for the input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%