Im So Mad I Cant Even Sleep!...long

Decorating By SJ169 Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 3:32am by OregonCakeLady

SJ169 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:16am
post #1 of 13

I need a little vent here...and i know you guys will listen

My 21st birthday was August 31st...and all i asked for from people was money because i wanted to get an airbrush...

So that day I went to the cake supply store and made my biggest cake decorating purchase...I was soo excited and couldnt wait to try it out..

The next day I tried to airbrush some cupcakes, well the fricken color splattered all over me. I thought maybe there was some dust or something clogging the airbrush so i took it apart very carefully to clean it. Well when i took it apart i realized that the airbrush was missing he nozzle part. I called the store right away and told them what had happened, they said they would look into it for me.. at this time i also sent a follow up email to the store explaining the part and attached a picture of the i found on the internet of what i needed. after almost three weeks of un-returned emails the store emails me (monday sept 14) to say that the part is ready for me to pick up. So on tuesday i sent my boy friend to pick it up....and YAY all is well again!!

or so i thought

well after work today i stopped at michaels and bought some stencils so that i can finally try out my airbrush. well the fricken part wont go in! i fiddled with it for 1/2 an hour and was so mad i could have cried.

I emailed the store asking for a new airbrush or i want to return it...

im so mad and sad at the same time..i dont know if i should just order the airbrush only from kopykake and forget about it because i get the feeling they wont want to help me at all.

anywho.. thanks for listening! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

12 replies
madgeowens Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:26am
post #2 of 13

You know this story sounds familiar...I think someone else in here had the same problem with a sprayer , I hope they see this. Happy belated birthday and I hope you soon find a great airbrush.

miss_sweetstory Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:31am
post #3 of 13

I'm really sorry... what a pain. I do think you need to stop emailing and march yourself and your non-working air brush into the store and make them deal with you in person. Email, and even phone calls are too easy to put off dealing with. At this point the resolution should new a new airbrush, or your money back.

patticakesnc Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:36am
post #4 of 13
Originally Posted by miss_sweetstory

I'm really sorry... what a pain. I do think you need to stop emailing and march yourself and your non-working air brush into the store and make them deal with you in person. Email, and even phone calls are too easy to put off dealing with. At this point the resolution should new a new airbrush, or your money back.

Agreed. Do you think a cake customer would let us just put them off if part of their order was missing???? I think not. I'm not saying make a scene like some do, but you need to make them deal with you in person at this point.

DefyGravity Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:51am
post #5 of 13

Yay thats my birthday too!

I'm sorry that the airbrush isn't working, I hope the issue gets resolved!!

anney Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:26am
post #6 of 13

Go to the store! Take the airbrush, the new part &, if you still have them, print out copies of all the emails you have sent & any replies you have recieved. Ask to speak to the manager, do not be fobbed off with anyone else unless they are not physically in the building. Explain the events calmly & state that unless they can fit the part & get the airbrush working in front of you there you want an entirely new one. I am not familiar with US trading laws but I presume you are entitled to recieve goods that are fit for purpose & since this product is not you should be within your rights to ask for a new one ( is there a guarantee with this product?). Good luck, & if all else fails an email or letter to the manufacturer expressing your dissapointment with their product & a comment about how thousands of cake central users now know about their shoddy goods & are eagerly awaiting the outcome of this issue may do the trick!

Melnick Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:54am
post #7 of 13

I agree with taking it back to the store and asking for a new one. Consumer Laws here say that you are entitled to a refund or replacement if the good is faulty and I imagine that the laws in the US would be the same? Like anney said, take all of the emails and ask to speak to the manager straight away. If they aren't helpful, ask to speak to their manager and keep going up the chain. Eventually you will find someone that will be willing to help you. I think I would be push for a replacement not a repair having read that thread that Madge alluded to.

uschi1 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 9:17am
post #8 of 13

Happy belated birthday and sorry about your airbrush.

If you do decide to return it to Michaels and want to order one from a Canadian supplier, Flower Confections from Pickering, ON now carries airbrushes. I have ordered from them twice (though not an airbrush), and have been very happy with them. You may want to give them a try. thumbs_up.gif

sweetcakes Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 1:15pm
post #9 of 13

i agree, this story is very familiar, perhaps the other lady did return her airbrush and it got returned to KK and then sent to the new store, where you bought it. If the nozzle is missing then dont even bother trying to replace it,(there is a replacement bit) just exchange the whole gun for a new one. my experience with changing out the nozzle has not been good and not worth the frustration.

SJ169 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:30pm
post #10 of 13

Thank you everyone for the support. Even after I wrote that last night I felt much better.

I did not buy the airbrush from Michaels I bought it from Scoop and Save in Langley BC. I am going in to the store on Monday but I cant get in sooner because I work every other day and the store is really out of the way.

I got an email back from them this morning telling me that I needed to take the needle out to put the nozzle on. !! jesh like im that dumb!

Anywho I will keep you posted on how this turns out... icon_sad.gif

BabyC1985 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:48pm
post #11 of 13

Go to the shop on Monday and dont leave until they sort it out.
Good luck and let us know how you get on!

SJ169 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 3:14am
post #12 of 13

Hey everyone!!

YAY problem all fixed!!
I went to the store yesterday and the lady couldnt get the nozzle in either so they gave me a new air brush and i just tested it out...and it works great!! heehee i cant wait for my cake this weekend!

Thanks everyone for the support!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

OregonCakeLady Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 3:32am
post #13 of 13

wow I am so glad that you got that sorted out. I hate it when someone gets a crapy deal because of someone elses stupidity. When it comes to business don't be afraid to run back to the store waving your hands screaming "NO FAIR, NO FAIR!"
That might be what you get before you leave though

Quote by @%username% on %date%