post #1 of 4

Has any of you ever worked in a Hotel?
I would like to hear your experiences
Thanks

3 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 4

it was miles better than working in a nursing home!
i was a room attendant, posh speak for maid. man are you under time pressure, and of course quality, but once you get that sorted, its fine. easy.
course, a lot of job ok-ness depends on who you are working with, what your managers are like.
and then there are all the 'guess what i found' stories.
you need to have a perfect'yes sir, anything is possible sir, let me wipe your bum sir' attiude (or pretend to). even mroe so if you are on the desk or phones. so it means putting up with a lot of eejits.
xx

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 2:27am
post #3 of 4

Thank you brincess_b it really must be hard to be a room attendant, but I was wondering more about working on the kitchen. Making cakes or as a pastry chef in a Hotel.

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 2:49am
post #4 of 4

I've worked in a few in my lifetime. I loved it busy busy busy It can be a madhouse but if the staff are friendly it's not so bad. Being a head pastry chef is a very demanding job. I have always preferred to be a sous chef. I like the baking more than the planning and stressing part. Best advice I could give is take it as it comes or better yet you have to learn to go with the flow. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%