Doctored Strawberry

Baking By lynda-bob Updated 17 Sep 2009 , 4:37am by JanH

lynda-bob Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:06am
post #1 of 5

I always bake cakes using a doctored DH mix and am happy except when someone requests strawberry. It seems the texture comes out kind of rubbery-like. I was thinking about trying to make a new doctored recipe using strawberry jello.
I googled this idea and found a recipe using dry jello to the cake mix. Sounds great, but I wanted to know if anyone here had ever tried something like this. Does it come out good tasting and w/ a good texture? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have a request for a strawberry cake for a friend for this weekend. Help, Please! icon_surprised.gif

P.S. sorry this post was so long winded. icon_razz.gificon_redface.gif

4 replies
rvercher23 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:15am
post #2 of 5

I always use the strawberry cake recipe from this site that uses a white cake mix and strawberry gelatin and pureed strawberries and it is so good. I dont like cake, but I love that cake. It is moist, and delicious.

minerva16 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:29am
post #3 of 5

This is the strawberry cake recipe that I use. I've gotten nothing but good results - I use the lemon cream cheese frosting along with it. One person said it was like a party in their mouth. icon_smile.gif

Duh... I forgot to add the link.

lynda-bob Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:41am
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much, u guys. I'm going to give it a try! icon_smile.gif

JanH Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:37am
post #5 of 5

Rebecca Sutterby's WASC cake can be made into a strawberry cake using either strawberry jello, strawberry extract, strawberry nectar, frozen strawberries or a combination of the above:
(Start with a DH strawberry cake for best results.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%