Cookie Icing Question

Baking By just_for_fun Updated 17 Sep 2009 , 6:37pm by mrslevite

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 6

Hi! i am icing cookings with Toba's glace today. I want it to look like an apple dipped in honey. how do i make the honey? I want it to look "clear", but I want to be able to stack it so I think piping gel is out. TIA

5 replies
pbeckwith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pbeckwith Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 6

I don't have a clue what icing would harden enough and still be clear. The only thing that comes to mind would be the hardened sugar, you know, the lollipop sugar.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 12:06am
post #3 of 6

Couldn't you use the glaze and just color it with a golden color. You can put glaze on top of glaze you will have to give it a good two days to harded.

pbeckwith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pbeckwith Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 6

Is there a way to make the glaze clear?
It's a curious question with Christmas coming up - it would look like ice on the snowflakes.

TripleJMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TripleJMomma Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 6

The glaze uses too much powdered sugar to be clear....it would have to be white.

mrslevite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrslevite Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeckwith

Is there a way to make the glaze clear?
It's a curious question with Christmas coming up - it would look like ice on the snowflakes.

The only way I know to make a clear 'glaze' would be to cook simple syrup (granulated sugar and water) to the point that it would be hard, but put it on very thin so it won't crack your teeth when you bite into it. It would take a bit of experimenting. And it may not work at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%