Advertisement..how Do You?

Business By JCE62108 Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 11:47pm by Uniqueask

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 9:30pm
post #1 of 9

Kind of in a slump. This is the first time in two months that I have not had an order in the works. Im kind of bummed. I dont really know how to go about advertising either.

Considering I just lost my job, I dont have much money for it either. Any suggestions on what I can do to perk up business a little bit?

8 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 9

There are tons of wedding sites that you can register with a basic listing for free. Google wedding cakes and check the vendor sites (wedding wire, etc) to see what it costs to be a vendor.

There's also Facebook or Myspace.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 9

Make some samples and deliver them to the schools and banks for their breakrooms with business cards and let them know you'll deliver orders for them.

JCE62108 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 9

Most places around here wouldnt allow that. It says no soliciting on the front door of any bank Ive been to. Im on facebook and myspace, but that hasnt been much help. I have a website, no customers from that either. It doesnt really rank high on the search engines yet. I have cards that I pass out when it seems someone may be interested.

I was thinking of putting something on my car. lol. Anyone do that? Does it help? What other ways can I get the word out? How did you guys get started. It's slow going for me right now and we really need the help.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 9

I've heard of people bringing free stuff to the police station and fire stations.....your own beauty salon....

wedding wire has a free vendor listing, as does partypop.com, gatheringguide, local.com.

There are a few others I can't think of right off the top of my head.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 9

i think i've read of people on here putting their logos/info on their car. i know vistaprint.com has car magnets for really good prices.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCE62108

Most places around here wouldnt allow that. It says no soliciting on the front door of any bank Ive been to.

"Hi, I'm Debi with Cater It Simple. I had someone cancel an order on me and instead of throwing it out, I thought I'd bring it by for your employee lounge. Would you see that (this cake, these cookies) get back there for your employees to enjoy? You'd really be helping me out. Thanks!" (leave box with card(s) inside)

(you know ... it makes my husband nervous when he realizes just how good I can lie!" icon_lol.gif )

JCE62108 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 11:45pm
post #8 of 9

lol I can lie pretty good sometimes. It is scary, isnt it?

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 11:47pm
post #9 of 9

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I JUST LOVE YOU DEBI

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%