Smaking My Head Against The Wall-Can I Save The Ingrediants?

Decorating By pamconn Updated 17 Sep 2009 , 6:34pm by pamconn

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 10

Ok, lack of sleep makes me dopey.

I put my 1 cup of sugar into my dry indgrediants instead of mixing it with my eggs.

I started over and have the cake in the oven, but am wondering is there anything I can do with this mixture?

1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

I was supposed to mix the eggs and sugar, add the rest of the wet ingrediants then the dry.

what happens when you add the sugar to the dry ingrediants?

Thanks for any help. Excuse me while I finish hitting my head against the wall.

9 replies
Clovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clovers Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 10

I don't think it would make any difference... I mix randomly all the time. Everything ends up together anyway.

bakers2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakers2 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 10

Cake Bible method of mixing cakes starts with all your dry including the sugar in the bowl - add your fat and 3/4 of your liquid - mix until blended - then add remaining liquid and eggs in 3rds.... works great!

pamconn Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 10

Oh thank you! I really would have hated to waste ingrediants. I will try this same cake using my mistake and see what happens.

Really hate it when I have my head up my....

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 10

I always mix the sugar with the other dry ingredients. That way they are very well mixed before I add the liquid ingredients.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamconn

Oh thank you! I really would have hated to waste ingrediants. I will try this same cake using my mistake and see what happens.

Really hate it when I have my head up my....

You shouldn't see any difference in the results imo

As for your head being...well...you know... it's a good thing your avatar is wearing a scuba mask icon_lol.gif

pamconn Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 10:19pm
post #7 of 10

Cake just came out of the oven, DH just had a slice and said its fine.

Glad I could salvage the ingrediants.

anney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anney Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 9:38am
post #8 of 10

Since many people I know use the 'all in one' method of cake making- you litterally measure everything into one bowl & mix, with just a bit of extra baking powder to make up for not folding in the flour, & since my other half manages to miss out an ingredient in my birthday cake nearly every year! which he then has to add ( last year after scraping the mixture back out of the cake tins into the bowl) I have come to the conclusion that as long as everything goes in the result will be edible, it may just not be as light & fluffy as intended!

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:29pm
post #9 of 10

You can also make pancakes. Just add eggs and milk.

pamconn Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:34pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you for all the replies. I don't like making mistakes, but it is nice to know that it doesn't have to be the end of the world and there may be a solution-especially if you can turn to CC!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%