Decorative Comb

Decorating By manomi Updated 17 Sep 2009 , 12:55am by manomi

manomi Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 5

I have a few questions which might sound really silly,but.. icon_smile.gif

1- I got the Decorative Triangle comb from Michaels tomorrow( the wilton one) My questions is do I use it on the buttercream when the butter cream is fresh or do i wait for it to crust or some time in between?

2-I normally use WASC recipes. I don't have that many pans, so after making the batter, can I pour it out in the pans and leave the remaining batter on the side, and then use this batter later (like after 1 or 2 hours). Do I need to add extra baking powder in the batter which I will use after an hour or so?

3- Sometimes I really want to use cream cheese filling with a cake that can't be refrigerated. In that case, can i use the Betty Crocker ready made cream cheese filling?Would it be okay without refrigeration?

Thanks a lot i n advance!

4 replies
manomi Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 5

Anyone ?

ibmoser Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 12:30am
post #3 of 5

I can only answer two of your questions. Use the comb while the BC is fresh, before it has crusted. You can save the extra WASC batter and bake it later without adding any additional baking powder - it is pretty resilient stuff. I would pop it in the fridge if you will be holding it longer than just the time it takes to bake and release the first batch from your pans. I've never used canned frosting - I have no clue about how it would work icon_redface.gif .

blessedist Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 12:52am
post #4 of 5

I can only answer about the canned frosting and you can leave them out. I make 1 dozen of box strawberry cupcakes or a simple cake with canned cream cheese frosting and that's my snack throughout the week and I leave them out on the counter in a container so I'm sure it will be fine in your cake. HTH

manomi Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 12:55am
post #5 of 5

Thanks a lott for both the replies. This answers all the 3 questions! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%