Bake-N-Freezin' Tomorrow - Supplies?

Decorating By Writecakes Updated 17 Sep 2009 , 11:06am by TheBlonde

Writecakes Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 5

I'm going to spend the day baking and freezing tomorrow. So far, I have plastic food wrap from Sam's to wrap the cakes in - but what do I store the cakes in? Do you store them in pans, cakes boxes or something else while in the freezer? I also have ziploc bags for cupcakes and am going to wrap those in the plastic food wrap before placing in the ziploc bags. Is there anything else I need to know? I'm also going to make some cookie dough to freeze - both drop and cutout. I want it to be done right and food safe. Thanks so much for your input icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

4 replies
jammjenks Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 5

You sound good on the cupcakes. For the cakes, I wrap in plastic wrap then in foil. Only stack them two layers high until they're frozen. Once they're frozen you can stack them however you want.

Writecakes Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you! icon_smile.gif

Steelgoddess Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

You sound good on the cupcakes. For the cakes, I wrap in plastic wrap then in foil. Only stack them two layers high until they're frozen. Once they're frozen you can stack them however you want.

WSS^ I've done this and its been fine
x

TheBlonde Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 11:06am
post #5 of 5

I double wrap mine in plastic wrap, then foil and then into a freezer bag (if they are smalled cakes)....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%