What Are Your Cake Selling 'policies'?

Decorating By Mug-a-Bug Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 6:55pm by indydebi

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 4

I've been selling a few cakes 'casually', and am wondering what everyone else does regarding payment and what not. I'm doing cash on pick-up with my current cake and already know that I don't want to do that again. Do you have your client read / sign something? What's a professional way to go about saying; "Pay me before I make your cake". thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 4

"OK, I've got all the details of the cake. As soon as I get your check, I can put you on the baking schedule."

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 4

I'll write that one down. Do you give them a deadline? What if they bring a check by a day before they want the cake? Guess I'm not good with wording. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 4

"..... and I need at least a week's notice. So if you bring me the check the Friday before the party, you won't have a cake until 6 days after the party."

Remember, cake civilians think we whip these things up in 20 minutes. So paying you the day before is, to them, paid in advance. "You said you needed the check ahead of time and I GAVE it to you the day before!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%