Keep Cupcakes Fresh

Baking By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 19 Sep 2009 , 2:59am by BeeBoos-8599_

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 5

HI,
I am making about 200 cupcakes for an event tomarrow night. I am doing the wasc and chocolate wasc and they are not going to be iced but filled with just a small amount of filling on the top. The wasc will be lemon filled and the chocolate will have a twinkie type filling. I have large boxes with cupcake inserts to put them in but I am conserned that the tops may get dried out. Any ideas to keep the moist? I cannot put plastic wrap directly onto them because of the filling on top. Since they will be in the fridge do you think I even have anything to worry about?

4 replies
SugarMoonCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoonCakeCo Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 5

i would think putting them in the fridge would dry them out even more... ? anyone else?

Clovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clovers Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 5

As long as you use pudding in the WASC recipes (I put vanilla in my regular WASC) they will be fine. I did a test and left a dozen of both kinds out in a box, for 4 straight days and nights and my testers couldn't believe how moist they still were. (I did a box in the fridge and a box left on a shelf - both were fine).

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 5

OK, thanks for the info!

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 2:59am
post #5 of 5

I put them in the box right away and back as soon as I had them filled and then put then in the fridge and they stayed really moist.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%