Covering A Corset Cake

Decorating By Jenthecakelady Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 5:09pm by Jenthecakelady

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 4

I am making my first corset cake this weekend and need a bit of help. I am planning to cover the whole thing with fondant-do I cover all with flesh tone fondant then put the corset over that or just do the flesh tone where it will be showing? It seems like it would be easier to cover the whole thing with flesh tone, but it also seems like a lot of fondant to do it that way. TIA

3 replies
sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 4

Personally I would just cover the parts that will be flesh tone. Then cover the corset part with fondant the color of your choice and bring up to join with the flesh colored. That way you don't have an 1" thick fondant covered cake. Have fun and good luck icon_smile.gif

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 4

I did cover the whole cake in flesh tone. It doesn't have to be really perfect, only in the parts where the "flesh" shows. It looks simply better when there are layers. Look in my gallery, the cake is there and you can see that there was several layers of sugarpaste there. Not really thick cover - I roll my sugarpaste to about 1/8" and the corset part was only slightly thicker.

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 4

I think I'm going to cover the entire chest part (including the breast) with flesh tone then cover the body with the "corset" then the only thing that will be doubled up on will be the bra cups. Hope this works! Thanks for the advice!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%