Australian Instant Pudding Question???

Decorating By bstajcic Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 6:05pm by Jeff_Arnett

bstajcic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bstajcic Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 12:32pm
post #1 of 5

Was just wondering?? a few recipes are calling for instant pudding mix. I was wondering if they are the same instant pudding sachets as the ones in aus? or should i be looking for something different....

4 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 5

Yes, it is the little packets of Cottee's Instant Pudding you find in the Dessert isle of woollies and coles - or IGA for that matter - icon_smile.gif
Chocolate - Vanilla - Strawberry

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:20pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstajcic

W I was wondering if they are the same instant pudding sachets as the ones in aus?

I love how words mean different things in different countries....for instance the word "Sachet" in the US also means a packet, but we generally refer to it as something containing a perfume or air freshener rather than a food container.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Arnett

Quote:

W I was wondering if they are the same instant pudding sachets as the ones in aus?

I love how words mean different things in different countries....for instance the word "Sachet" in the US also means a packet, but we generally refer to it as something containing a perfume or air freshener rather than a food container.

We usually refer to a *sachet* as a little paper packet that you would get in McDonalds that has sugar or salt in it - just enough for a single serve.
Altho the instant pudding mixes over here are small little plastic/paper packets that make up enough for 4 servings - so in actual fact it is a small packet....Not big like say a kilo of sugar = 2lbs

It also depends on which state we all live in -
Me - i was born and raised on the East Coast - but now live on the West Coast - and after 20 years i am still getting used to different termanologies they use over here.... icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I think the different sorts of Cream each country has stumps alot of people - especially when it comes to baking and what type of cream to use.....as in using cream in Ganache.

Thats why when *we* read a recipe from the States we have to out out a call and say "is that like so and so over here" - lol

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Arnett

Quote:

I think the different sorts of Cream each country has stumps alot of people - especially when it comes to baking and what type of cream to use.....as in using cream in Ganache.

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif [/b]

So true! In the area I live, folks refer to evaporated milk as "canned cream"....even though it is not cream at all! Go figure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%