Need Ideas For A Cookie That Combines 3 Holidays

Baking By thin4life Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 6:11pm by thin4life

thin4life Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:34am
post #1 of 21

A friend of mine is having a party in which she is combining Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas all together. I have no idea what type of cookies to make. Does anyone have any ideas?

20 replies
xstitcher Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:16am
post #2 of 21

Do you want all 3 holidays on one cookie or will each cookie have it's own holiday theme?

CakeDiva73 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:25am
post #3 of 21

You could do a Witch Hat with a thanksgiving buckle using christmas colors?

Hmmm.....You could do a green Christmas tree with Halloween decorations (pumpkin, moon) and put a turkey at the top instead of a star?

CakeDiva73 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:26am
post #4 of 21

oops, lol, icon_smile.gif I thought it was all three holidays on one cookie!! My bad!

sewsweet2 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:27am
post #5 of 21

Pumpkins were the first thing that came to my mind. You could even make some of them in to jack-o-laterns.

thin4life Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:20pm
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Do you want all 3 holidays on one cookie or will each cookie have it's own holiday theme?

Yes, she wants me to come up with a cookie that will depict all three holidays. Does anyone have any other ideas?

brittalicious Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 21

u could have a turkey with cuts on it or a little blood with a santa hat. Or a black cat wrapped in christmas lights with pumpkins or gourds by its feet

cutthecake Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:43pm
post #8 of 21

Stars? Or Bows? In red, green, yellow, orange?
Wrapped Packages in same colors?
Apples? Apples seem appropriate for all--bobbing for apples, apple pie, And they're red and green!
Turkeys or cats or any creature in santa and witch and Pilgrim hats?

verono Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:52pm
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittalicious

u could have a turkey with cuts on it or a little blood with a santa hat. Or a black cat wrapped in christmas lights with pumpkins or gourds by its feet

I really like this one!

pinkflower1212 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:02pm
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

You could do a green Christmas tree with Halloween decorations (pumpkin, moon) and put a turkey at the top instead of a star?

I like this idea. It covers everything, and you could use the Halloween decorative quinns and a RI or candy molded mini Turkey in place of the star.

You could aslo do a regualr pumpkin with a mask ( like Zorro or Lone Ranger) and holiday lights. That would be easy 4 colors of icing ( orange, green leaf, black mask, and black lightcord,brown for stem,) and some Christmas Light quinns. Then you would only be cutting out a pumpkin shape, and adding just the detail to it.

verono Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:05pm
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

You could do a green Christmas tree with Halloween decorations (pumpkin, moon) and put a turkey at the top instead of a star?

I like this idea. It covers everything, and you could use the Halloween decorative quinns and a RI or candy molded mini Turkey in place of the star.

You could aslo do a regualr pumpkin with a mask ( like Zorro or Lone Ranger) and holiday lights. That would be easy 4 colors of icing ( orange, green leaf, black mask, and black lightcord,brown for stem,) and some Christmas Light quinns. Then you would only be cutting out a pumpkin shape, and adding just the detail to it.

This one is also good![/b]

playingwithsugar Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:11pm
post #12 of 21

Christmas lights? They make quins (sprinkles) that look like them. Get a bucketful and make things easier on yourself.

I like the thought of combining them onto one cookie.

How about a TGIF black cat hanging from a Christmas wreath? Or the flying witch splattering into a Christmas tree? Or a turkey mummy chasing holding the axe?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

MrCake01 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:23pm
post #13 of 21

thin4life,
I did a quick picture for you on my PC. I think it would look good. Hope you like it.
Goodluck,
Mrcake01
LL

pinkflower1212 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:32pm
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCake01

thin4life,
I did a quick picture for you on my PC. I think it would look good. Hope you like it.
Goodluck,
Mrcake01

This is great! It made me laugh, but you could do these on wafer paper, and a rectangle cookie and make it look like a postcard. Where the address goes just have it say Happy Holidays!

Magna Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:44pm
post #15 of 21

As I am a beginner, I would go with something easy - a round cookie to represent a moon and would add a shadow of a Christmas tree top with a star and a turkey.

KitchenConvert Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 12:46am
post #16 of 21

This would be pretty labor-intensive, but what about a large circle cookie that is cut into three pieces (like a pie chart with 33.3% in each piece of pie) and having a scene from each holiday in each third? Maybe even something like the same house or front yard, decorated three different ways?

thin4life Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 2:55am
post #17 of 21

Thanks to all who have responded, I like all the ideas you all came up with, I am sure we will be able to come up with something. I also welcome more ideas.

7yyrt Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 3:54pm
post #18 of 21

duplicate post

JGMB Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 4:29pm
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

How about a Happy Everything cookie? Delete the holidays you don't want.
http://darkwyrm.beemulated.net/images/happy%20everything.png

Oh, IMHO, this is the best idea so far!!! A turkey body with a jack-o-lantern head, wearing a Santa cap. I'd love to see that on a cookie!

thin4life Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 6:11pm
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

How about a Happy Everything cookie? Delete the holidays you don't want.
http://darkwyrm.beemulated.net/images/happy%20everything.png

Oh, IMHO, this is the best idea so far!!! A turkey body with a jack-o-lantern head, wearing a Santa cap. I'd love to see that on a cookie!

I agree, this IS the best one so far!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%