Need Ideas For A Cookie That Combines 3 Holidays

Baking By thin4life Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 6:11pm by thin4life

thin4life  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:34am
post #1 of 21

A friend of mine is having a party in which she is combining Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas all together. I have no idea what type of cookies to make. Does anyone have any ideas?

20 replies
 xstitcher  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:16am
post #2 of 21

Do you want all 3 holidays on one cookie or will each cookie have it's own holiday theme?

CakeDiva73  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:25am
post #3 of 21

You could do a Witch Hat with a thanksgiving buckle using christmas colors?

Hmmm.....You could do a green Christmas tree with Halloween decorations (pumpkin, moon) and put a turkey at the top instead of a star?

CakeDiva73  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:26am
post #4 of 21

oops, lol, icon_smile.gif I thought it was all three holidays on one cookie!! My bad!

sewsweet2  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:27am
post #5 of 21

Pumpkins were the first thing that came to my mind. You could even make some of them in to jack-o-laterns.

thin4life Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:20pm
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Do you want all 3 holidays on one cookie or will each cookie have it's own holiday theme?

Yes, she wants me to come up with a cookie that will depict all three holidays. Does anyone have any other ideas?

brittalicious  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brittalicious Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 21

u could have a turkey with cuts on it or a little blood with a santa hat. Or a black cat wrapped in christmas lights with pumpkins or gourds by its feet

cutthecake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:43pm
post #8 of 21

Stars? Or Bows? In red, green, yellow, orange?
Wrapped Packages in same colors?
Apples? Apples seem appropriate for all--bobbing for apples, apple pie, And they're red and green!
Turkeys or cats or any creature in santa and witch and Pilgrim hats?

verono  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:52pm
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittalicious

u could have a turkey with cuts on it or a little blood with a santa hat. Or a black cat wrapped in christmas lights with pumpkins or gourds by its feet

I really like this one!

pinkflower1212  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflower1212 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:02pm
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

You could do a green Christmas tree with Halloween decorations (pumpkin, moon) and put a turkey at the top instead of a star?

I like this idea. It covers everything, and you could use the Halloween decorative quinns and a RI or candy molded mini Turkey in place of the star.

You could aslo do a regualr pumpkin with a mask ( like Zorro or Lone Ranger) and holiday lights. That would be easy 4 colors of icing ( orange, green leaf, black mask, and black lightcord,brown for stem,) and some Christmas Light quinns. Then you would only be cutting out a pumpkin shape, and adding just the detail to it.

verono  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:05pm
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

You could do a green Christmas tree with Halloween decorations (pumpkin, moon) and put a turkey at the top instead of a star?

I like this idea. It covers everything, and you could use the Halloween decorative quinns and a RI or candy molded mini Turkey in place of the star.

You could aslo do a regualr pumpkin with a mask ( like Zorro or Lone Ranger) and holiday lights. That would be easy 4 colors of icing ( orange, green leaf, black mask, and black lightcord,brown for stem,) and some Christmas Light quinns. Then you would only be cutting out a pumpkin shape, and adding just the detail to it.

This one is also good![/b]

playingwithsugar  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:11pm
post #12 of 21

Christmas lights? They make quins (sprinkles) that look like them. Get a bucketful and make things easier on yourself.

I like the thought of combining them onto one cookie.

How about a TGIF black cat hanging from a Christmas wreath? Or the flying witch splattering into a Christmas tree? Or a turkey mummy chasing holding the axe?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

MrCake01  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrCake01 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:23pm
post #13 of 21

thin4life,
I did a quick picture for you on my PC. I think it would look good. Hope you like it.
Goodluck,
Mrcake01
LL

pinkflower1212  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflower1212 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:32pm
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCake01

thin4life,
I did a quick picture for you on my PC. I think it would look good. Hope you like it.
Goodluck,
Mrcake01

This is great! It made me laugh, but you could do these on wafer paper, and a rectangle cookie and make it look like a postcard. Where the address goes just have it say Happy Holidays!

Magna  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magna Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:44pm
post #15 of 21

As I am a beginner, I would go with something easy - a round cookie to represent a moon and would add a shadow of a Christmas tree top with a star and a turkey.

KitchenConvert  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenConvert Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 12:46am
post #16 of 21

This would be pretty labor-intensive, but what about a large circle cookie that is cut into three pieces (like a pie chart with 33.3% in each piece of pie) and having a scene from each holiday in each third? Maybe even something like the same house or front yard, decorated three different ways?

thin4life Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 2:55am
post #17 of 21

Thanks to all who have responded, I like all the ideas you all came up with, I am sure we will be able to come up with something. I also welcome more ideas.

7yyrt  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 3:54pm
post #18 of 21

duplicate post

7yyrt  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
 JGMB  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 4:29pm
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

How about a Happy Everything cookie? Delete the holidays you don't want.
http://darkwyrm.beemulated.net/images/happy%20everything.png

Oh, IMHO, this is the best idea so far!!! A turkey body with a jack-o-lantern head, wearing a Santa cap. I'd love to see that on a cookie!

thin4life Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 6:11pm
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

How about a Happy Everything cookie? Delete the holidays you don't want.
http://darkwyrm.beemulated.net/images/happy%20everything.png

Oh, IMHO, this is the best idea so far!!! A turkey body with a jack-o-lantern head, wearing a Santa cap. I'd love to see that on a cookie!

I agree, this IS the best one so far!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%