Help With Hamburger Cupcakes?

Baking By nicolesprinkle Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 3:21pm by millermom

nicolesprinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesprinkle Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 2:32am
post #1 of 9

I am making about 40 hamburger cupcakes for the weekend and I don't know how to make the patties. I have seen people use rice crispies, but that just seems like a lot of work and with little kids eating them I don't want the to have to deconstruct it to take out the patty. I have also seen people use the top of cupcakes, but I don't want that much waste. So if anyone has another idea I would really appreciate it! TIA!

8 replies
korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 2:55am
post #2 of 9

Here are my hamburger cupcakes:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=654143
I made the patties kind of like cake balls. I mixed buttercream with crumbled up chocolate cake but I did not mix well to give it a marblized meat/fat look.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:05am
post #3 of 9

I made the cupcake ones...the only thing I did was cut up chocolate cupcakes and used that for the center...it was really easy and me and my husband had an assembly line going icon_lol.gif (take a look through my photos on here)

sew4children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sew4children Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:21am
post #4 of 9

Use chocolate cake crumbs mixed with Hershey's syrup until the correct consistency. I get absolute raves about the patties and how decadent they are! Oh, and since I'm just using crumbs, I used boxed mix! I use the triple chocolate or something like that from betty crocker.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:25am
post #5 of 9

How about making a pan of brownies, and cutting circles for the hamburger patties?

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:29am
post #6 of 9

I used brownies when I made them

nicolesprinkle Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:44am
post #7 of 9

Thanks so much! These are great ideas! Thanks again everyone! I can't wait to make these for my son's Spongebob party!

nicolesprinkle Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 2:13am
post #8 of 9

Here are the cheeseburger cupcakes I made. I had tons of scraps from other cakes this week so I mixed chocolate and vanilla cake and added some chocolate syrup and just formed them into patties., They turned out good and tasted great! Thanks again for the help!
LL

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 3:21pm
post #9 of 9

Way to be resourceful! icon_biggrin.gif They look great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%