Freezing Buttercream Flowers?

Decorating By mjk350 Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 1:38pm by mjk350

mjk350 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 2:27am
post #1 of 6

Can buttercream flowers be frozen and for how long?

5 replies
indydebi Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:06am
post #2 of 6

I prefer to air dry them first. Air drying removes most of the moisture from the icing, making it lighter and easy to handle; less weight diminishes the probability of the flower sliding off of the cake. Just leave them sit overnight. If you want to store them for a long period of time in the freezer, put your air dried flowers in a freezer safe container.

sweetreasures Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:10am
post #3 of 6

What Indydebi said. That's exactly what my sister did for my daughter's cake and it turned out fine.

sweetreasures Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:13am
post #4 of 6

oh and she had them in the freezer for 3 months

mjk350 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:35pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I prefer to air dry them first. Air drying removes most of the moisture from the icing, making it lighter and easy to handle; less weight diminishes the probability of the flower sliding off of the cake. Just leave them sit overnight. If you want to store them for a long period of time in the freezer, put your air dried flowers in a freezer safe container.

Thank you so much for your help. Im just learning on my own and I figured it would be a good way to put a cake together when I have enough good flowers. I do use your recipe. Its so good.

mjk350 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetreasures

oh and she had them in the freezer for 3 months

Thanks so much. Good to know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%