Football Helmet Face Mask

Decorating By risingflour Updated 17 Sep 2009 , 2:51am by maudabom

risingflour  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
risingflour Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:48am
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if anyone has instructions or a template for making a face mask for a football helmet. I've made one before, but I wasn't happy with how it turned out. I know one thing I should change: use gum paste instead of fondant, but I'd like to know how others have done this task.

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 replies
 ibmoser  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 5

I would definitely use gum paste and give it time to dry thoroughly. Try Googling football helmet face guard image - you will get a variety of styles to use as a pattern. Dry the paste over a curved form of some sort (cannister, large can, whatever is the size you need for your cake) with plenty of cornstarch to prevent sticking.

Shannie13  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 5

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-615967-0-days0-orderasc-.html

Okay I don't know if I did that right or not...but these are the wonderful instructions I used and they came out perfect. If the link doesn't work...you may want to look up KittisKakes it was her picture tutorial that I was trying to send you.

Good luck hun!
shannie

risingflour  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
risingflour Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much...this is exactly what I was looking for.

maudabom  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maudabom Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 2:51am
post #5 of 5

I used a real facemask purchased at Acadamy. Normally, I hate putting anything non edible on cakes, but I did in this instance. It worked great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%