Topsy Turvey Problem!! Due Next Week...

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 3:08am by yamber82

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 3

i have only done one topsy turvey so far and it didn't turn out so great. now i have another one due and this this time it's all white with black dots and fondant extras so i was hoping i could cover it in bc instead of fondant. i have another one due the week after that for a friend and the same day i have to do my nephews cake too so i am hoping to save time by doing bc but i don't know which would be better. i had a hard time getting the tiers positioned on the last one and since it was covered in fondant i could be more touchy when handling it so i am wondering how in the world to do one without covering it in fondant. is it possible to do the bc after all three tiers are stacked?

2 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 3

I have only done one and it turned out fabulous, and I used fondant. If I did attempt one with BC only I would stack it with each layer chilled so the BC was firm and wouldn't mess up while placing them on each other. Then allow it to sit and dry from the condensation before continueing with the decorations.

Question: Are you using the optical illusion of a topsy turvy or are you actually trying to stack them angled on each other?

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:08am
post #3 of 3

i'm doing the "optical illusion" i guess. i just remember having a really hard time getting each tier on there and having to push the side to get it on there, which wouldn't work with bc. i'm not that great at getting a perfect bc either. i dunno. i would really like to try it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%