My Pans

Decorating By srtodd77 Updated 15 Sep 2009 , 5:55pm by Texas_Rose

srtodd77 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 4

I used my Wilton pans today to make a couple of cakes. My oven overheated terribly and burnt EVERYTHING. Including my pans. I have washed them, but they are burnt on the inside. Discolored and everything. Does this mean they are no longer useable?


3 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 4

Try making a paste of baking soda and water and putting it over the burned areas. Let it sit for a while and then scrub it. That might get rid of some of what's bothering you. The pans are probably still usable even if they're not pretty anymore...think of how baking sheets look after a few years of use, and we just call that seasoned.

You're lucky you didn't have a fire though!!!

srtodd77 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks! That is what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. It isn't awful, but still. There was smoke everywhere. My oven has never let me down. I hope it will be something easy to fix.

Texas_Rose Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 4

Probably a thermostat issue. I had an oven that did that before though and it was a loose wire.

Quote by @%username% on %date%