If youread my other post, Im trying to find things to put in goodie bags at a gathering I am hosting for other home bakers. I love the idea of those survival kits!! What would you put into a cake decorators survival kit?
If you mean the kit we take when we set up a cake, I take a small rubbermaid container (3-compartment, found in bathroom aisle) with:
- decorating bags with extra icing for adding borders or touch-ups.
- camera; extra batteries (guess how I learned the battery thing!)
- spatula, to lift and place tiers when assembling a cake
- clean kitchen towel to lay on table so I keep the tablecloth clean while working.
- any icing tips I need
- food safety gloves
- business card(s) to leave with venue
Optional Items (not taken with every delivery):
- list of equipment that needs returned, if applicable.
- white trashbag, with my name and phone# written on it in black magic marker, for them to put the returnable equipment in.
- if using dragees on the cake, some extra, in case some fall off.
For my daughter's wedding, my first and only thus far wedding cake I made with the help of my sister who decorated it, I put in damp towels for messy cake hands for the person cutting the cake
lol thank you guys.
but what i mean were the funny cute kits like these:
Cookbook with the gift giver's favorite recipes
Tums or Rolaids - For when things don't turn out as planned
Apron, Personalized? - for when things get a little messy
Pot holder or oven mitt - When things get too hot to handle
Wooden spoon - When somebody has a smart comment about the food
Baker's chocolate - You can't go wrong with chocolate
Measuring spoons - to remind you how well you "measure up"
Dishcloth and dishtowel - You made the mess, you get to clean it up
That one is for a chef....but hey i think it would work well for us too???