Satin Ice Pink Fondant Please...

Decorating By peony421 Updated 15 Sep 2009 , 8:59pm by prterrell

peony421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peony421 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 6

Hi! Has anyone used the Satin Ice pre-colored Pink Fondant on their cakes? If you have would you mind posting a picture of a cake you made using this color fondant? I would just like to see the shade of pink this color is. Thanks soooo much!

5 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 6

All of the pre-colored Satin Ices are super-saturated with color. They are designed so that you can custom-blend your shade by mixing the pre-color with the plain white.

HTH

peony421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peony421 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 6

thanks for your response...do you think it would be better to use the gels to color it, or use the pre-colored kind?

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 6

Pre-coloured is great because it saves you time but I think a definite must for black and red fondant as those are the hardest too get to the right shade.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 6

I love the bucket pink from satin ice. If you need a lighter shade, just cut it with white but it's still easier than dying it yourself. Here is a cake made with it straight out.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1233399

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by peony421

thanks for your response...do you think it would be better to use the gels to color it, or use the pre-colored kind?

Depends on how much of it you need. If you need enough for an entire cake, even if straigh out of the bucket is too bright for your color scheme, it is easier to start off with the pre-colored and knead it into white to get the shade you want. If you just need a little for accents or figures, then you might want to color your own.

I rarely cover cakes in fondant. Since I primarily use it for figures and accents, I keep the white, black, red, and chocolate (for brown) on hand and custom-color the other colors. If I used more of it more often, I'd invest in buckets of every color Satin Ice makes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%