Toodles Cake

Decorating By dreaknapp Updated 15 Sep 2009 , 2:02pm by cakesmade4u

dreaknapp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreaknapp Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:42am
post #1 of 4

I want to make a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Toodles cake for my daughter who is turning two in a couple weeks. What size cake pans should I use for the head and ears? How do I get a good red for my fondant? Whenever I try, it goes pink. Thanks for your help! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
mwest110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mwest110 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:02am
post #2 of 4

In this picture I took it was a pyrex bowl and the Wilton mini pan.
I was making a belly cake and playing with what else I could do with those shapes.
LL

jrkrayenhagen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jrkrayenhagen Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:13am
post #3 of 4

personally i am so over trying to make red and black fondant so I buy satin ice. It tastes yummy and is easy to work with and in my mind the price is an equal trade off for not having to fuss over fondant that comes off too pink or too purple/gray respectively. icon_lol.gif For everything else though, I LOVE Michelle Foster's Fondant recipe. It is easily colored (except for my own complications w/ red & black which I put totally on me icon_biggrin.gif ) easy to work with, and tastes great.

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 4

I usually make a mmf but before you mix the ps in put your red color in the melted marshmallow then ps and make it a week ahead when the color sits it will brighten and don't be afraid to use alot of color if you think it needs more... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%