Peony Tutorial Part 1!!!!!!

Decorating By SharonK1973 Updated 12 May 2014 , 6:17pm by Siany01

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:03am
post #1 of 32

I couldn't fit this all in one post, so this is part one. Hope someone finds this helpful!
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

31 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:13am
post #2 of 32

Oh good! I'm glad I found this! I was wondering where Part 1 was. Part 2 is the cake decorating forum! (Instead of the cake decorating business forum).

Thanks again!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:19am
post #3 of 32

Hi Sharon,

Thanks again for this tutorial. I just have to get some cutters now and I'll be all set to go!

Here's the link to part 2 of the tutorial if anyone's looking:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6554339.html#6554339

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 32

Found it!!! I'm so excited! Can't wait to start all over again with peonies... had almost given up! This fills in so many of the missing links.

Thanks so much for sharing! thumbs_up.gif

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:34pm
post #5 of 32

thanks!!

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 32

Thanks!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:01pm
post #7 of 32

I so want to sit down soon and start making gumpaste flowers, etc..

SharonK1973 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:16pm
post #8 of 32

I posted in the part two thread that I have a slide show of this in is entirety with more pictures and written instructions. But I don't know how to attach it. So if anyone knows how to do that, let me know. Or if not, let me know if you'd like me to email it to you. Hopefully that would work. I tried to send it to myself and it worked. I have it on keynote - the emac version of powerpoint.

Send me your email addresses if you want it and I'll do my best to send it to you.

SoOOO glad you are finding this helpful!
Sharon

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:26pm
post #9 of 32

Sharon, thanks for the post. It is great. I have to ask ~ did I miss the part on how many petals you cut out? Do you just tape all of the petals on the same wire? What are the colors of your petal dusts?

Thanks,
Carol

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:32pm
post #10 of 32

Yhanks You Very Much For This Tutorial

SharonK1973 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:41pm
post #11 of 32

Carol - I cut 5 petals of each size. But I imagine you can make it more depending on how full you want your flower to be. I tape all the petals to the wire of the stamen. I sort of coil the wire of each petal around that as I go along, taping each one into place one by one. The dusts I used were moss green and a bright pink. But I think you can use any color you life. In my pictures I have some of different colors. You can steam them to set the color. YOu can also airbrush the color on if you have one. Hope this answers your questions.

Let me know if there are more questions. Someone mentioned I could maybe put the slide show on flickr. I'll try that later on today when I get home from running errands and let you know if it works out!

malishka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malishka Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:00pm
post #12 of 32

thanks sooooooo much. I have always wanted to make these.

SharonK1973 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 9:59pm
post #13 of 32

Ok.... so I was able to upload the tutorial as a movie on flickr, so it goes really fast. You have to press pause for each slide so it does't keep going to the end. Go here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiersofjoy/3923502329/

I have also emailed the slide show to everyone who sent me their email addresses, so hopefully that will work.

I guess I need a class in computer applications! But thanks everyone, for bearing with me. And let me know if you have questions!

Best wishes,
Sharon

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:21am
post #14 of 32

Thank you so much for this tutorial. I have just started to experiment with gumpaste flowers and the first flower I looked for a tutorial on was the peony-it is one of my favorites. Of the few things I was able to find this is absolutley the best!

SharonK1973 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:27am
post #15 of 32

I finally have power point version that works - so if you want to have it slower than on the crazy flickr speed, pm me your email address and I will send it to you.

Djor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Djor Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:03am
post #16 of 32

thanks

rcolson13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcolson13 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:38am
post #17 of 32

Thank you so much for the tutorial. This flower looks a bit daunting to try so it is a big help!

wilsonar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wilsonar Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 3:16pm
post #18 of 32

What is the plastic board called that you roll the gumpaste on that leaves the grooves to push the wire in?

Thanks for the tutorial!

ROCHY1105 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ROCHY1105 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 5:58pm
post #19 of 32

Thank you sooooooooooo much you save my day..love yaa

Arabus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arabus Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 6:05pm
post #20 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonar

What is the plastic board called that you roll the gumpaste on that leaves the grooves to push the wire in?

Thanks for the tutorial!

It's called a cel board

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 6:20pm
post #21 of 32

Thank you for taking the time to do this for us,
it is greatly appreciated! icon_smile.gif
Jodi icon_smile.gif

thecakeprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeprincess Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 6:21pm
post #22 of 32

THANKS!

believer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
believer Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 7:19pm
post #23 of 32

Please send me the Powerpoint - Thanks

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 9:05pm
post #24 of 32

Appreciate your time, knowledge and effort. Honestly belive is quite a task to you, but whenever you got time, please send me the file. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

moscakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moscakes5 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:51am
post #25 of 32

Thank you for taking the time to put this tutorial together. SharonK1973 or anyone whose already received the powerpoint, could you please forward me a copy. I have received my cutters and am ready to get started. Thank you!

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:52am
post #26 of 32

I too would love the powerpoint. I am dying to make start making flowers. Thanks so much, you are awesome for doing this!!!!

bakeawish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeawish Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:53am
post #27 of 32

I would also love to see the power point if you don't mind. [email protected] thank you thank you thank you so much!

SharonK1973 Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 5:11am
post #28 of 32

Hi everyone...
I had not been receiving notification from this thread. I just stumbled across it tonight and noticed a lot of people had asked. Some gave their email address, some didn't. I am sending it to the people who sent me their email addresses. To the others, PM me your email address and I will send it to you. At least I get notification of a PM. Also some of you might be getting it a second time. I can't tell when was the last time I saw this thread, so I don't know when was the last time I responded.
-Sharon

SharonK1973 Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 5:20am
post #29 of 32

Sarah... your email address doesn't appear to be complete. Can you PM it to me?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 19 May 2011 , 5:06pm
post #30 of 32

Thank you for posting this -- I'm only getting some of the pix loading -- is there someplace else you've posted this tutorial as well (a website or blog or something?)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%