Rip Patrick Swayze

Lounge By adree313 Updated 15 Sep 2009 , 1:46pm by manahigh

adree313 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 1:15am
post #1 of 15

so incredibly sad. he was a great actor and he will be greatly missed.

dirty dancing and to wong foo... are at the top of my favorite movie list.

man, it's been a VERY rough year in the celebrity world.

michael jackson, john hughes, farrah fawcett, natasha richardson, bea arthur, ed mcmahon, billy mays, adam goldstein (DJ AM), ted kennedy (not technically a celeb, but still), walter cronkite (same thing), and now patrick swayze.

all great in their own respect and will be greatly missed.

R.I.P.[/i]

14 replies
Shelle_75 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 1:16am
post #2 of 15

RIP Patrick, a true class act. NOBODY PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER!!!

JanH Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 1:22am
post #3 of 15

He fought the good fight right to the bitter end without complaining.
He wasn't just a good actor/dancer, he was a real man.
And the world is diminshed with his passing.

veronica720 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 1:29am
post #4 of 15

Such a terrible loss. I grew up watching 'Dirty Dancing' and 'Road House'. My heart goes out to his wife, they were married in 1975 and made it last even in Hollywood.

I will have to watch 'Dirty Dancing' tonight.

LaBellaFlor Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 1:33am
post #5 of 15

I am hurt. You want to know how much I loved him & how long I've been a fan? I LOVED him in The Outsiders & Red Dawn. WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlourPots Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:13am
post #6 of 15

I have a 29 year old sister with Down's Syndrome who is just devastated. She's been crying non-stop. She has adored Patrick since she was a child...he has always, always been her favorite.

She knows every line in "Dirty Dancing", I kid you not.

veronica720 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:24am
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

I have a 29 year old sister with Down's Syndrome who is just devastated. She's been crying non-stop. She has adored Patrick since she was a child...he has always, always been her favorite.

I am the same age and I also know every line in that movie. I got teary eyed while I was reading the article online, so I kind of know how she feels. It is just so sad even though we knew it was coming sooner rather than later.

I hope she feels better, I would say she needs to watch the movie but that might make it worse.

lardbutt Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:34am
post #8 of 15

What the heck! Where have I been? I totally just found this out right now! So sad!!!

Shelle_75 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:40am
post #9 of 15
Quote:

That makes me cry. Please give your sister a hug for me.

I hope wherever he is now, he knows how much he was loved in his time here on earth.

FlourPots Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:55am
post #10 of 15

Thank you, I will...

She stopped crying and her head is no longer buried in a pillow, so that's good, she just looks so sad though.
I asked her if she was feeling better, but she didn't speak, she held up two fingers to say a little bit (like you would if you were calling a man "small")...oh god, that's so inappropriate on this thread icon_redface.gif ...I couldn't think of any other way to describe it.

veronica720 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:03am
post #11 of 15
Quote:

(like you would if you were calling a man "small")...oh god, that's so inappropriate on this thread icon_redface.gif ...I couldn't think of any other way to describe it.

Haha, sad thing is we will probably all know exactly what you mean. Needed a laugh!!

FlourPots Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:06am
post #12 of 15

Good one, veronica...LOL!

MikeRowesHunny Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 8:23am
post #13 of 15

I shed tears this morning for Patrick, yet another cornerstone of my youth gone. Hope he's happy & pain-free in heaven, wowing all the angels with those fab dance moves. Sad, sad day for all of us 80s teens.

cakesdivine Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 12:44pm
post #14 of 15

I found out just minutes after it happened. My husband Barry & I have known the Swayze family for 36 years. I use to take dance from Patsy - Patrick's mom, and Barry was on the Professional Dance Teacher's Association workshop staff with Patsy back in the 90's. At every workshop I attended when I was a kid Patrick was there and he would pull me out of the crowd and bring me to the front. I had such a crush on him but I was just a kid. I use to follow him around like a little puppy dog. It was so hard teaching class last night after hearing that. But we all went in and said a little prayer for Lisa, Bambi, Patsy, and all the other Swayze family and dedicated the class to Patrick. The students gave me 110 percent last night, and my daughter was in class for the first time in a year. Very bittersweet evening. Still tearing up today. This might take awhile to get over.

manahigh Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 1:46pm
post #15 of 15

I am sad today also. He was my heart-throb. I always hoped to be able to dance with him someday. What a turn on that would have been!! Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favorite movies. I am glad that he is now at rest and without the pain that has been with him the last year. "Go rest high upon that mountain", Patrick!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%