Cream Cheese Fondant Question

Decorating By luminajd Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 3:18am by JanH

luminajd Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 8

How long will it keep in the fridge?I would like to make it tomorrow but not use it until Friday. Or is it most workable right away?
Thanks

7 replies
ZlatkaT Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 8

I am sorry that you did not get your answer here. I guess no help from me as well, but I just think I would personally keep in the fridge for week or two (just my thoughts).
But may I ask you a favor? I always wanted to try the cream cheese fondant recipe (from CC site), but I don't bake as often. Would you be so kind and share with me your experience with this fondant? Taste, workable...etc. You could PM me if you like. Thank you. Hope everything went well.

doodledo Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:04am
post #3 of 8

Sorry I am no professional but I cant see why you couldnt make it and keep in fridg. I too would love to know how it is to work with and the taste.

leah_s Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:17am
post #4 of 8

I'm a culinary school trained pastry chef and I haven't got a clue what "cream cheese fondant" is. Others may be as confused as me.

Skirt Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:30am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

I'm a culinary school trained pastry chef and I haven't got a clue what "cream cheese fondant" is. Others may be as confused as me.

I am too! But it sounds intriguing...

ZlatkaT Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:48am
post #6 of 8

I am glad I am not alone to be curious. I actually think it might be quiet tasty. I tried once fondant recipe contained mostly powdered milk and it was really relish. I like milk based fondant. So please please, let us know. I am not baking as often, but this recipe is on my "try it out" list.

Frecklysmom Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 2:47am
post #7 of 8

I have tried the cream cheese fondant. It tastes really good but is really hard to work with. Mine cracked as it dried and was really difficult to smooth. There was not much stretch to it. Maybe if I had more experience with fondant it would have turned out better.

JanH Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 3:18am
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%