Please Help Quick

Decorating By Ladybug78 Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 5:02pm by hperez

Ladybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug78 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 11:42am
post #1 of 10

i made a sheet cake, the BC is cracking every time i move it what do i do. please help

9 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 11:54am
post #2 of 10

When that has happened to me, I think I didn't have a strong enough board underneath. What thickness are you using?

Ladybug78 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 11:56am
post #3 of 10

the board is weak, i doubled it, but what do i do next

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 10

Depending on what kind of board you are using, you may need to more than double it.

Ladybug78 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks for your help, i guess my question should be.... is there a way to fix BC once it has cracked?

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:12pm
post #6 of 10

Ladybug78, I feel your pain! I'm sorry I don't have the answer but I've had that happen and I'll be watching this thread for myself. Seems like the more you try to fix it the worse it gets.. icon_sad.gif

kaykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaykakes Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:15pm
post #7 of 10

try using a hot spatula run over the crack

Ladybug78 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:39pm
post #8 of 10

I feel your pain!. icon_sad.gif[/quote]

Thanks alene, thats why this site is so amazing, people who can empathize. Unless you are a caker, you can't really understand our frustrations. I don't want people to be understanding of a cracked cake, I want an uncracked cake-lol. Thanks everyone, the cake has been picked up (it was for my sister) but next time i will try a thicker board and a hot spatula.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:51pm
post #9 of 10

Ladybug - not sure if this is something you want to try or not, but I use sugarshack's icing recipe and it never gets a "hard" crust on it. It is able to be smoothed even an hour after it has been on the cake. I LOVE it. It is an amazing icing!! I have accidentally put a finger in it and it still smooths out like it never was there. It gets to where you can smooth it with a viva - but never gets hard - you may want to try it and see if it is something you like.

hperez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hperez Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:02pm
post #10 of 10

only thing that works is a hot spatula, its happened to me quite a few times

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%