How Far In Advance Can I Cover A Cake Board?

Decorating By Lovemesomecake Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 1:50pm by Lovemesomecake

Lovemesomecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovemesomecake Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 11:02am
post #1 of 5

I have some free time today and I was wondering if it would be too early to cover a cake board for a Saturday cake???? icon_cool.gif

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 5

If you're covering with fondant, doing it in advance is better, so that it has time to harden before you need it. You might just want to stick it in a box when you're done so it doesn't get dusty.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

If you're covering with fondant, doing it in advance is better, so that it has time to harden before you need it. You might just want to stick it in a box when you're done so it doesn't get dusty.

Ditto Texas Rose - that way it won't dent when you put the cake on it and thus leave bubbles from the weight of the cake.

Bluehue

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:03pm
post #4 of 5

Same thing goes for Royal icing. As a matter of fact, I should probably get a couple of cake drums covered today ... thanks for the inspiration! icon_wink.gif It's one of those things that, although techinically edible, won't actually get eaten, so it can go for a very long time (as long as you cover it, like Texas_Rose said, so it doesn't get dusty, but not to where it doesn't have air to dry).

Lovemesomecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovemesomecake Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 5

Great! Thanks. I'm off to cover it now! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%