Cake Supply Near Houston, Tx??

Decorating By Callyssa Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 1:34pm by Teekakes

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:31am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted; we've relocated from MI to TX recently and I haven't done any cakes since my brother's wedding last spring. Well, I have the 'itch' starting again.......and I don't know where to find supplies!

We are in The Woodlands/Spring area and I would MUCH prefer not to have to drive to Houston yet to find supplies. Is there anything near where I'm at? Hmmm....let's see; I know we are near Conroe, Magnolia, Tomball....I don't really know what else, but I'm sure you Texan girls will know what else might be around us. Thank you in advance for your help!

5 replies
ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 6

Go online to Earlenescakes, then if she isn't close enough to drive to, have her send them by way of Lonestar Overnight.(they only deliver in TX and OK...VERY cheap rates,always overnight,individual drivers,no mass trucks)

Also Make A Cake 6218 Evergreen street, 77081, in southwest Houston, one block northeast of the intersection of Bissonnet and Hillcroft.

Amazing Cake Supplies
6057 Bissonnet
Houston, TX 77081
Tel (713) 665-8899

Cake Craft Shoppe
3530 HWY 6 ⢠Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Tel: 281-491-3920

this one is Darlene's who is always at the cake shows

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:55am
post #3 of 6

Welcome to the Houston Texas area! icon_smile.gif

I know exactly where you are located and really all four, the three mentioned by the previous poster, plus Larry's over in the Pasadena area off of 225 East.
Larry's in Pasadena and Cake Craft Shoppe in Sugarland are the two I shop at the most. Between the two of them I can most always find what I am looking for. Both of these shops offer some excellent classes, both beginner and advanced, in everything from the basics of cake decorating to string work and advanced sugar flower making. They also host some big name teachers as well. Sheila Morris, owner of Cake Craft Shoppe, has a very detailed website, www.cakecraftshoppe.com and Larrys has a website that is informational only, http://www.houstoncakeclub.com/larry.htm
For my 50lb High Ratio blocks and a couple of other items I go to Make a Cake Houston.
The good news is you are no more than 1 hours drive from any of these locations, putting a wealth of product close at hand. icon_smile.gif

Feel free to pm me with any specific questions you may have about the Houston area.........I'll be happy to help if I can. We are on the opposite part of the city from you, down on Galveston Bay.
If you are not familiar with the little towns of Seabrook and Kemah, come on down and check the area out. The Kemah Boardwalk is a big vacation spot for people from all over the country and it is open 365 days a year! Check it out here and don't miss out on some fun and relaxation real close to your own home, http://www.kemahboardwalk.com/flash_content/flash_content.html
Larry's is on the way to the Boardwalk too!

Didn't mean to write a book!! icon_smile.gif

jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 6

Hi there Calyssa and Welcome to Texas!!. I too moved here from Miami it's abeen about 6 years now and live in the Jersey village area which is about 1/2 way the distance between you and the nearest cake shops. You are looking at about 45-1 hour drive without traffic to get to one of these places from where you are.

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:18am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the info! I was afraid I'd have to brave the drive into Houston to get my supplies......Aaaaackk! I'm not afraid of the drive itself, it's the getting LOST part! Even with my newly accquired GPS, it still makes mistakes sometimes. Maybe I'll just order from Earlene's......LOL

We're definitely planning on going to the Kemah boardwalk once the humidity breaks a little; it's killing me. The night we pulled into our new driveway it was 98 degrees, at MIDNIGHT!

Thanks again for all the information, I will certainly use it! icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callyssa

Thanks for the info! I was afraid I'd have to brave the drive into Houston to get my supplies......Aaaaackk! I'm not afraid of the drive itself, it's the getting LOST part! Even with my newly accquired GPS, it still makes mistakes sometimes. Maybe I'll just order from Earlene's......LOL

We're definitely planning on going to the Kemah boardwalk once the humidity breaks a little; it's killing me. The night we pulled into our new driveway it was 98 degrees, at MIDNIGHT!

Thanks again for all the information, I will certainly use it! icon_smile.gif

Yeah, Houston is HUGE but it is easy to get around once you realize the 610 Loop, Beltway 8, Hwy 59, I45 and I10. They all interconnect at some point or another making it easy once you get used to it all. The size of the metro area is a bit overwhelming when first starting out but you will get it down once you go on a couple of "adventures" icon_smile.gif
Those 98 degree midnights are rough, I know. Thank God we are through with them for the year now! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%