Michael Jackson Tribute @ Vmas

Lounge By adree313 Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 11:15pm by adree313

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:15am
post #1 of 14

did anyone else catch it?

janet jackson was AMAZING. the dancers were incredible. madonna's speech could not have been more perfect.

tears were brought to my eyes. it was perfect. it couldn't have been done better!!

13 replies
maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:47am
post #2 of 14

I loved when she brought up her children loving MJ and having a lot of crotch grabbing going on. Same here, lmao. My ten year old wants to be Mike for Halloween this year.

adree313 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:26am
post #3 of 14

haha yeah, the whole thing was great. funny and sad all at the appropriate times. i'm sure we'll see lots of little michael's running around this halloween!!

(i'm glad they'll be of the jackson variety as opposed to the meyers variety. those scare me too much halloween night!)

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:33am
post #4 of 14

It was amazing.

Madonna moved me so much...I was choked up through most of her speech.
The dancers were awesome...they were perfectly in synch with Michael's video clips behind them. Did you notice J-Lo's ex, Cris Judd, dancing. I saw him when Janet was on stage.

I wish Joe Jackson would stay home.

Kanye West is an a$$...Beyonce is so classy.

The host sucked...it's one thing if you're going to be risque, but to be risque and unfunny thumbsdown.gif .

Do you like Lady Ga-Ga? I love her voice, but not really feelin' the outfits...just too bizarre, even for her.

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:42am
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Kanye West is an a$$....

Agree 100%

I say boycott (not that I listened in the first place)

adree313 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 6:16am
post #6 of 14

kanye thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif AWFUL. and to do something like that to taylor swift of all people?? i'm not a huge taylor swift fan, but anyone who knows anything about her knows she did NOT deserve that. he's such a disgrace. the worst part? not the first time he's done something as stupid as this thumbsdown.gif

beyonce, awesome woman! i never really had a huge opinion on her, but she did a good thing tonight for taylor icon_smile.gif

lady gaga... icon_eek.gif < my face the whole second half of her performance! i get the "artistic view" but my gosh! good music and i applaud her very much for doing her thing, but i just don't get it!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 6:22am
post #7 of 14

I stumbled upon it earlier. Kanye totally showed how ghetto he is truly is and from now on, I will never EVER even bother to listen to his music.

FlourPots Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 6:33am
post #8 of 14

Not so much ghetto (in my opinion), as extremely arrogant...who is HE to stop the show and do what he did...I can't stand the guy.

maryjsgirl Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:45pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

I stumbled upon it earlier. Kanye totally showed how ghetto he is truly is and from now on, I will never EVER even bother to listen to his music.

What does ghetto have to do with it?

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:24pm
post #10 of 14

Sorry if this offends anyone. When is the MJ cra* going to end. I mean it took 70 days to bury the guy. He sang that's it, that's all he did. It's not like he saved a country, or something. I know a lot of people are missing him, but geeeez. I hope it ends soon.

Let the ripping begin.

Mike

maryjsgirl Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:46pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Sorry if this offends anyone. When is the MJ cra* going to end. I mean it took 70 days to bury the guy. He sang that's it, that's all he did. It's not like he saved a country, or something. I know a lot of people are missing him, but geeeez. I hope it ends soon.

Let the ripping begin.

Mike

He didn't "just sing".

He broke down barriers.

He was a great global humanitarian. And he didn't just throw his money at issues, he was involved on a personal and emotional level.

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 8:02pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:

Let the ripping begin.

Mike

No ripping from me Mike. I like his music and was a big fan before he went weird. But I'm with you on this, lets move on already.

FlourPots Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 8:21pm
post #13 of 14

Not offended at all...to each his own icon_smile.gif

I used to be a fan too, back in the day...the dance & musical tributes don't bother me...I understand why it's so hard to let go of this man...what I'm sick to death of are the shows like "Entertainment Tonight", "Inside Edition", etc. doing stories on him every day since he passed, even when there's nothing new to add.

adree313 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 11:15pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

Quote:

Let the ripping begin.

Mike

He didn't "just sing".

He broke down barriers.

He was a great global humanitarian. And he didn't just throw his money at issues, he was involved on a personal and emotional level.

took the words out of my mouth.

but honestly, i think this should be it with it all. i was happy that janet was finally going to be able to say her goodbye in the best way possible. that was why i watched: to see his sister do her thing. and she did it!

i also agree with all the entertainment t.v. crap. that needs to end. personally, all i care about was his great talent and all the stereotypes that he broke. and that should be what is remembered. plain and simple.

everyone that mattered said their goodbyes, so now it's time for it to rest. though, his mark that he left on this world will clearly never be forgotten.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%