Cupcakes - How Refreshing!

Baking By Caike Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 10:58pm by sweetneice

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 2:58am
post #1 of 8

Just wanted to say that after my HUGE 3-tier project (ok it was huge to me... icon_wink.gif ), I made my first cupcakes tonight just for fun and wow it was refreshing. The consistency of the icing could have been a bit stiffer so the peaks stayed up nice and high, and I could have done a better job on mixing the white/green icing on the back ones. Any comments? Do the swirls look semi-ok? TIA!
LL

7 replies
buffim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffim Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:07am
post #2 of 8

I like the mix of colour on the back ones (white with a bit of green!) Nice job overall

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:07am
post #3 of 8

Yeah I kinda like doing cupcakes!!!! Fun stuff!

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 8

They look great to me. I love the colors too. thumbs_up.gif

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 8

I like the white/green mix better than solid green! I love cupcakes too. I've actually been doing more cupcakes than cakes lately.

Edited to add: Great job on your swirls!

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 2:07pm
post #6 of 8

They look really good! And I think it's artistic freedom to mix colours as you like. It's aprt of the charm that you never know how it will turn out. I started with cupcakes and make a cake now and then but I really don't have time and patience for cakes so cc are perfect when you want quick results!

DropofLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DropofLove Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 8

They turned out pretty good, I like the mix of the white and green. I made my first CCs the other day and I had burgandy and orang swirls.

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 10:58pm
post #8 of 8

Cute, cute, cute! Keep it up! icon_biggrin.gif I love doing cupcakes more than I do a regular cake! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%