Painting... What Do You Use?

Decorating By delilahmarie Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 2:30pm by delilahmarie

delilahmarie Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:34am
post #1 of 6

I've seen quite a few cakes on the site where people paint scenes on their fondant. Or they paint their gumpaste flowers and figures. What type of "paint" do you use? Thanks!

5 replies
Malakin Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:46am
post #2 of 6

For the gumpaste flowers, I usually dye with gel color then brush with petal dust. For the painting on the side of the fondant cake, I use gel color thinned down with lemon extract or vodka. This was what I did with the
StarWars cake and the cherry blossom one in my photos. Some people airbrush their gumpaste flowers but I haven't tried that yet.

pattycakesnj Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:50am
post #3 of 6

I use vodka with gel color

choco_bleu Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:45am
post #4 of 6

sorry for a very simple question,but i am new in cake petal dust same with powder color? because here in indonesia,i just have saw wilton gel color and lustre dust icon_smile.gif

Elise87 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:19am
post #5 of 6

i use my gel paste colours diluted with vodka and have painted scenes and gumpaste objects etc with them however with flowers i would prob go for the coloured dusts

delilahmarie Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 6

Wow, I had no idea there would be such a simple answer! LOL Duh!

Quote by @%username% on %date%