You Know Those Perfect Little Edible Diamonds You Can Buy?

Sugar Work By cheeseball Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 12:18am by cakenutz

cheeseball Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 12:52am
post #1 of 9

Has anyone seen molds for them or is that a DIY with two part silicone sorta thing? I'm not talking about the monster molds that look like fake gems - I mean a mold that's a quarter inch at the most. I've spent way too much time online this weekend searching icon_lol.gif

8 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:49am
post #2 of 9
backermeister Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 2:08am
post #3 of 9

I know that squire's kitchen advertises them you can check their website as well. icon_smile.gif

cheeseball Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks guys; Anna, that was one of the first sites I went to, but the mold they were talking about from Global is still much larger than the 'diamonds' from the UK. I was just thinking about the Miley Cyrus cake challenge where Marina Sousa did poured sugar chandelier beads on a string...when she pulled them out of the mold I wondered then and I still wonder if she made that mold or bought it?

tiggy2 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseball

Thanks guys; Anna, that was one of the first sites I went to, but the mold they were talking about from Global is still much larger than the 'diamonds' from the UK. I was just thinking about the Miley Cyrus cake challenge where Marina Sousa did poured sugar chandelier beads on a string...when she pulled them out of the mold I wondered then and I still wonder if she made that mold or bought it?

I'm pretty sure she said she made the mold for that.

catlharper Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 9

Found some premade on the Fancy Flours website...not bad pricing either! They had kits there as well to make your own.

cheeseball Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:54pm
post #7 of 9

Phllbbbttt!!!! icon_lol.gif I sorta had a feeling she made it! The Fancy Flours site does have some relatively smaller molds; must've missed it the first time I was there (too many websites in one day I guess), so thanks!

cheeseball Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 12:03am
post #8 of 9

Okay, so I found a thread here, talking about that specific cake where Marina Sousa explains how they did it...I e-mailed Culinart about which product to buy (either the one you knead or the one you pour) and it took them a while to answer, so I e-mailed Marina this morn and she e-mailed back in like, a couple of hours icon_eek.gif that they used the one you knead. I actually bought Plastique a while ago and it was inadvertently packed away and the stuff only keeps for a year...gonna use it right away this time icon_lol.gif

cakenutz Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 12:18am
post #9 of 9

I was at the Ok sugar show last year when Marina and dawn made their beads they were made by pouring melted isomalt into the mold

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%