Sore From Head To Toe?

Lounge By Justbeck101 Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 10:07am by -K8memphis

Justbeck101 Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone else get sore from head to toe after doing a cake? I had a 3 tier 14-11-8, a fire truck and a police car this weekend and I am wiped out. But even when it is just one 3 tier cake it wipes me out. I sleep for 2 days afterward. I am not in terrible shape, need to lose a couple of pounds but not a lot. I don't go to the gym, I was thinking maybe this might help.....

Anyone else feel this way afterward?

4 replies
FlourPots Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:49am
post #2 of 5

Usually it's my feet that are aching when I'm done.

G_Cakes Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:13am
post #3 of 5

My ankles swell from standing for so long and my wrists bother me ( carpel in both) and I usually have to wear my wrist braces after a large cake...

I to could stand to loose oh lets say 50+ pounds LOL.

But I think it gets better the more I do. But I always keep the deep ice handy for my wrists and try to space work out over a couple of days if I am able too.

I find that if I plan my time properly I am not wiped after a cake as much as I was in the beginning icon_smile.gif

lthiele Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 8:42am
post #4 of 5

[quote="Justbeck101"]I don't go to the gym, I was thinking maybe this might help.....quote]

I am also not in the best shape I have ever been, since having my second child I have very little core strength. (All the muscles in your stomach and back that hold you upright.) I am sure that you would find some core strength excercises beneficial. When we decorate we often lean over a bench, bend at strange angles and hold our arms out in front of us. If your core is not locked on, you use all your other muscles to try and compensate!!!

-K8memphis Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 10:07am
post #5 of 5

Are you sleeping well or cheating your sleep when you do your cakes?

I would sure take that as a wake up call that I was overdoing it. I mean maybe you can lengthen you cake process and stretch things out so you have more time and more energy and a more relaxed atmostphere to work in. Or cut back on the amount of work you agree to do.

You don't want to make that a permanent condition. Add in a day or two to your cake regimen maybe.

But even with many hours of sleep if we're not getting the quality rem sleep then we're in for trouble anyhow--but I mean maybe you're anxious about the cakes and not getting the deep sleep and then make up for it afterwards.

It has the potential to ruin your health permanently so be careful with that.

And yes, exercise, drinking water, proper sleep and the right food is always the plan for recovery and maintenance of your health. Makes a huge difference in fact.

Quote by @%username% on %date%