Is It Truly Really Necessary....

Decorating By yiyo21 Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 9:18pm by DDiva

yiyo21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yiyo21 Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 10

hi! my sister has just told me that she wants a cake for her boss for .. TONIGHT icon_surprised.gif if possible or at least tomorrow morning, of course i do not have enough ingredients... but well that can be fixed, but now im looking for a MMF recipe and i have just read that it needs to be sit for a night!!! icon_eek.gif is this really necessary??? i dont want to do it and start the decorations at 2 AM icon_cry.gif so... any help would be really appreciated....

9 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 10

Can you not just use buttercreme?

yiyo21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yiyo21 Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 10

i hadnt thought on asking her that, i was so fix in doing it with fondant, but i think she will agree, although my BC is not that good looking jajaja, but well due to the short notice i think she will have to say yes THANKS

kmdrysdale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmdrysdale Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 10

I made MMF and used it right away, Till this week i did not know i have to wait till over night! oopsicon_smile.gif I think almost all my cakes(which are not alot) I made the fondant while the cake was baking. Thinks you learn as you read on here.

Honeychild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeychild Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 10

I probably use the same recipe as you and I've never waited overnight, or at all. I figure there is no gluten or any other protein that would require the product to relax so I don't know why this is called for in the recipe. I'd say go ahead and use right away only because I've done this and have not had a problem. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 10

The reason for waiting is, in my opinion, to let the sugar better dissolve. Sometimes MMF won't work right, but if you let it stand overnight, it gets OK.
If you can't leave the time work for you and start to have problems - simply invest more work. Either knead it longer or /easier/ roll the MMF out as thin as you can, knead it together again, roll out...

But most of the time we are lucky and don't need it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 8:51pm
post #7 of 10

I'd remind her that walmart is open 24 hours and she can get a last minute cake from them.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 9:05pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I'd remind her that walmart is open 24 hours and she can get a last minute cake from them.

No kidding.

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 9:09pm
post #9 of 10

I don't think you have to wait overnight. However, I would leave it to rest for about an hour to firm up just a little bit. I think if you use it right away after mixing it, it will be really stretchy still.

And ditto the walmart idea. icon_wink.gif

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 9:18pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I'm with Debi and Jamie!! Can't even imagine giving it a second thought.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%