Leaf Mold For Ri?

Decorating By buttercreamkisses Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 10:56pm by tonedna

buttercreamkisses Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 7

I'm doing my first wedding cake for a family from church. The bride is doing a fall theme and so I'm looking at doing hundreds of leaves for the cake. My original idea was to just start (like this weekend icon_smile.gif ) making RI leaves, my mom wondered if there was a mold that would work.

I've only seen molds for candy and cakes, where would I look for a mold that I could use with RI?


6 replies
tonedna Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 7

Royal icing is meant to be piped. If you want molded leaves you better go to gumpaste.
Edna icon_smile.gif

buttercreamkisses Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 7

okay so if I went gumpaste could I use this http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=19307&name=Micro%20Flowers%20Mold%20(NM-077)%20by%20Sunflower%20Sugar%20Art

I'm imagining using it like I would play-do. Is that right?

tonedna Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 7

Those are tiny molds, do you want something that you can use more than just for that cake? A veiner that can be used with
gumpaste flowers too?
Edna icon_smile.gif

buttercreamkisses Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 7

I've never done anything with gumpaste before so I'm not sure what I want. I just need to get a lot of leaves made out of something. What would the veiner tool look like?

tonedna Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 10:56pm
post #7 of 7
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

The mold you pulled up looks more like a chocolate mold with very deep cavities. I'd use something like this leaf plunger set:




I use those cutters plus this mold. It makes them look very realistic and is easy!

Edna icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%