Anyone Who Has A Retail Shop.......help!

Business By sweetneice Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 12:40pm by sweetneice

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 5

Hello! Just wanted to know how to make this task make sense and easy on my brain! Do you guys have to have a label for every cake/cupcake that goes out of your shop? If so, how did you handle that without going crazy! I never had to do this and now I'm trying to think of every ingredient in all my recipes to create labels! ugh! Help! Any advice? Thanks guys!

4 replies
Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 5

I just talked to my health dept about this. He told me that if the product was in a place where the customer could come in the door and pick it up themselves that it has to be labeled. If that same product is under a dome, behind a counter, in a case, on a shelf, etc. that I would have to pick it up and hand it to the customer then I don't have to label. Guess what I'm gonna do! LOL! icon_lol.gif You might check with you HD on this, maybe they're all different.

CelebrationsbyLori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:47am
post #3 of 5

My inspector said on a self serve case like I have, the ingredient list has to be where the customer can look at it if they choose. It doesn't have to be a label on each item, especially since a cookie isn't wrapped and you can't stick a label on it! I keep a booklet on top of the case that has the ingredients of everything I ever put in there and if anyone asks, there it is! I think it really does vary from state to state, maybe even county to county, better ask to be sure!
Lori

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:20am
post #4 of 5

i don't have to either.

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys! It is true that when you go to a bakery and get something out of the case they don't slap a sticker on it! Good point! I'm talking to my inspector this morning so I'll keep you updated! Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%