The Mess Is Finally Gone!

Lounge By sweetcravings Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 8:13pm by veronica720

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 6

Well, as some may know in an earlier posting i got myself into quite a bit of a messy situation a few days back. One small project led to a BIG project and left me very stressed. I am happy to report that the room is finally finished. I started on Thursday emptying the room. Now let me state that this room was so full of stuff i could barely stand at the doorway without being bombarded with stuff. The baby furniture, cake stuff, you name it, it was there. You could hardly see the carpet or walls.
So we removed the decorative molding around the room, filled in holes, sanded and painted. It was so much work but we are so happy it's done.
The room is for the most part empty. My cake stuff is organized and out of the way, I love it!
The baby stuff is mostly in the garage. I'm gonna deal with that stuff this week.
I thought i'd share a few photos of my completed room. Don't mind the yucky blue carpet. I know it's dated, but we plan to pull it out in the future. I went with a relatively neutral color on the walls. It actually looks darker in the picture than in person. Thanks for letting me share my ordeal with you all.

Suzanne

Pictures start at the bottom and work their way up..sorry 'bout that. Don't know how that happened.
LL
LL
LL
LL

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 6

Looks great!!! And I bet you feel so much better having a cake decorating room than you did having a junk room icon_biggrin.gif

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 6

Sure do texasrose.;0) I find myself just walking into the room and standing there looking around. I even layed on the floor just to admire the space. lol I could move right in.lol
My DH said, "i'm really amazed you did it. I didn't think you could do it, fit all that stuff in the closet"
I told him.."see it just needed to be organized."
This morning while looking through my stuff again i noticed an empty drawer in one of the bins. I told my husband and he said, 'now that doesn't mean you have to go buy stuff to fill it." lol

Love'in the new room.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 2:55am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

I told my husband and he said, 'now that doesn't mean you have to go buy stuff to fill it." lol.

icon_confused.gif of course it does! that's just bad feng shui to have ONE empty drawer. icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 8:47am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

I told my husband and he said, 'now that doesn't mean you have to go buy stuff to fill it." lol

Love'in the new room.

Now that's just typical man talk - my husband would say that, word for word!! I'm at overflow point in just about every cupboard in my house, you've inspired me to get started! thumbs_up.gif

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 6

Yah!! I knew you would get it done. Feels good don't it.

Looks great too. Lots of space to fill.....lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%