Making Royal Icing Look Silver????

Decorating By bettystar Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 5:05pm by bettystar

bettystar Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 5

i'm making cookies for a wedding and i wanted to dip the cookies in royal icing that looks silver. i'm not 100% sure how to make it look silver, but here are some of my ideas. silver luster dust? now that i think of it i don't know if the white icing would turn silver with the dust, i also thought of air brushing it after dipping it to try to give it a silver/glittery effect..... am i on the right track here?

4 replies
tonedna Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 5

Royal Icing wont pick the sparkle of the silver, will only get gray. Is best to handpaint small details with
some silver dust and vodka. Or if it's a big area then use an airbrush.
Edna icon_smile.gif

bettystar Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 5

i thought about it turning gray too, their are heart cookies, a medium size not to big, it's just that it's 225 cookies and i don't have a lot of time to hand paint all of them with work and all, but i'm thinking the airbrushing might have to be it. thanks for your help!

tonedna Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 5

Ouch, lots of cookies!...good luck!
Edna icon_smile.gif

bettystar Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 5

i thought about it turning gray too, their are heart cookies, a medium size not to big, it's just that it's 225 cookies and i don't have a lot of time to hand paint all of them with work and all, but i'm thinking the airbrushing might have to be it. thanks for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%